System settings crashes

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by VashTS, Dec 31, 2016.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Thanks to soundhax I was able to get into homebrew on this broken 3ds I own! I launched sysdowngrader and installed 9.2 via files. All went well and the console rebooted. I thought I was FINALLY done with this console and could move on.

Launched system settings and she still crashes on me. Launching OOT also crashed. It seems like the system boots better than before. Soundhax crashed first time I tried it. I have more testing to do but why would settings and oot crash if I successfully installed 9.2 system files??

Is it possible I need to update mset independently? Possibly a firm issue?

In going to try to run downgrade again when I get back home but damn I'm frustrated.

realized why soundhax didnt launch - was still 10.3 otherapp, changed to 9.2 and works fine. im downgrading again now see what happens

still crash after 2nd install. backing up NAND now via hardmod, going to install 9.0 MSET cia and see what happens.

updated: can't launch FBI for some reason. fails very quickly and the screen on this 3ds is busted so i cant make out most of the text

Last edited by VashTS, Dec 31, 2016
  2. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    so i got some "advice" to format - and now its worse than before :( i was so close to repairing this and just ruined it.

word of advice - if your system setttings is corrupted, dont use tiny format. you will not recover.

i flashed back to 9.2, 10.3, 11.1 dumps that i had previously and no dice. what ever tinyformat did it cause this broked 3ds to be pretty much bricked. it booted like maybe 10 times since i used the format but nothing consistent or enabled me to get back into homebrew.

so sad

3. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Quick question, could you specify what "broke" means in your situation?
    What exactly is "broken" with the 3DS that soundhax fixed?

4. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    reinstall the 9.2 update cias. that will fix any corrupt apps.