System Menu Updating Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hb2, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009

System Menu Updating Questions by Hb2 at 11:20 PM (480 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Hb2
    OP

Newcomer Hb2 Newbie

Chile
    I softmodded my Wii a long time ago using SoftMii 2.3 (I think). I remember installing the Homebrew Channel, something to play Wii backups from the disc channel (it's called cIOSCorp IIRC), something to play GameCube backups from the disc channel, Preloader, Waninkoko's USB Loader, and a black custom menu theme. My system menu version is 3.2U and, according to HBC, I have IOS36 v4.18.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it safe to upgrade to 4.1?
    2) If so, how can I do it?
    3) What will I lose if I upgrade? What will I have to install again?

I've read so many threads about bricks that I'm a little scared to upgrade without asking someone who knows what's they're doing. D: BTW, I dont' have a Wi-Fi connection, but I use a LAN USB Adapter. Will I have any kind of problem trying to update with this? I hope someone takes the time to read and answer my questions. Thanks in advance!

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    1. Nothing is safe! But u can try to installt bootmii as boot2 and make a NAND backup to get max. brick protection.

2. Use Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.1 -> http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-41

3. You loose the theme, cIOSCORP, Preloader, ...
    But you can install it again. [​IMG]
    I prefer an upgrade to 4.1, TBR, an c(m)IOS like rev.14 and some loader.
    That's all i need.