System Files Corrupted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SalvadorOliveira, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    ok, so I've been having the same recurring issue for a few months now, and I'm tired of it, and am hoping to get some help.

I've got 4.3U firmware, and I don't know how it was originally modded - I bought it pre-hacked.

For a while now, my Wii has been acting...buggy. I get random messages of a black screen telling me my system files are corrupted (I just assumed this was just because it was hacked, and it happens occasionally).

The console also randomly hangs when I'm doing things: loading Project:M, for instance. Never on a normal channel, like Pokemon Puzzle League or anything (I don't have anything injected), but randomly on anything that boots via SD, and now more and more frequently on USB loader GX.

As of current, it's loading, and hanging before it actually loads anything - it's having this issue both with and without the SD card inserted. It also hangs sometimes in-game, tells me it can't detect my USB external, and won't load certain games, such as Kirby's Return to Dreamland and...whatever Rabbid game my wife downloaded. Also Ocarina seems to not actually load any codes. Ever.

Now I'll be blunt - I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with modding, and am paranoid about bricking this thing. Someone on here, however, must know what's wrong, and how I can fix it - hopefully as painlessly as possible - and I would greatly appreciate that kindness.

2. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    ok, so I updated my softmod, and I reinstalled USB loader GX, but it wouldn't mount, or read, or something, and now it's just showing my Wii channels, not the games on my hard drive, and I can't figure out how to actually see the games I've downloaded.

3. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Go to USB Loader GX's settings and select "Hard Drive Settings". Make sure "Mount USB at launch" is ON. And that it's using USB Port 0. Also, make sure that your harddrive is plugged into Port 0 on the Wii. It's the USB port closest to the bottom of your Wii if your Wii is laying down flat.

If your settings are already set up like that, then try deleting USB Loader GX's settings. It's the file called GXGlobal.cfg located in your SD card. When you restart USB Loader GX it will re-create that file for you using default settings.

If your harddrive IS mounting, and still all you're seeing is Wii Channels. You have to select a different loader mode. To do this you have to be on USB Loader GX's main screen. At the top of the main screen you should see icons. The fourth icon should say "select loader mode" (when you hover over it with your cursor). Press "A" and in the menu that pops up, make sure to check the box for Wii Games. After you select OK your games list should auto-refresh. And if everything is working as it should be, your Wii games should now show up in the list.

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You should also run a disk check on your HDD.

5. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    I can't put it in anything except port 0.

I seem to have fixed the issue - it seems it was filtering out all the Wii games for some reason - it still loads slowly, and doesn't notice the HD, but unplugging and replugging the drive seems to remedy the issue - inconvenient, but still...

Also, I've run a checkdisk program before with no errors (I'm assuming you mean on the Wii, not the external, which is less than a month old), but I'll try again. I'm also still getting a "system files corrupted" message sporadically, is that "normal" for a modded wii?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's definitely not normal but I'm not sure what could be causing it. Where does this happen, in the system menu?

7. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    it happens when I turn the Wii on and it's, obviously, completely erratic. Some days I get it 5-6 times in a row, then I'll get a month without it, thenit'll just show up out of nowhere. even more rare, I've had it happen once (and only once) when opening Project: M, and 2-3 times when opening my emulators.

8. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    accidental doublepost

9. SalvadorOliveira
    OP

SalvadorOliveira Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    UPDATE: now getting "system files corrupted" message every time I go to the main menu. I need to hit + and - to access it from startup, and I think from exiting a channel, too.

Also, I did a SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!