Hacking system files are corrupt

theninjapenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i understand that i screwed up. i should have read more about what would happen if i formatted. i appreciate everyones help in trying to resolve my issue. i had everything installed fine, i was just getting disk read error 1101 when i tried playing a back up disc. i will read through the guides and try my hand at it again. my only other question then would be about the type of discs i should use. i have memorex dvd+r and maxell dvd-r. would any of those be fine, or should i get a different kind? and what speed should i write at?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theninjapenguin said:
i understand that i screwed up. i should have read more about what would happen if i formatted. i appreciate everyones help in trying to resolve my issue. i had everything installed fine, i was just getting disk read error 1101 when i tried playing a back up disc. i will read through the guides and try my hand at it again. my only other question then would be about the type of discs i should use. i have memorex dvd+r and maxell dvd-r. would any of those be fine, or should i get a different kind? and what speed should i write at?

Dvd-r's tend to work better and if you use a dvd+r, I believe you have to set the booktype of the burner to DVD-ROM. Generally a good speed to write at is half of the dvd's max write speed. So if the disc says 16x on it 8x would suffice.

theninjapenguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i got everything set up and it's working great except for i'm trying to play a copy of twilight princess that i made and i can't get it to work. i keep getting the error 1101 when i use neogamma. you mentioned having to change the booktype of my burner, how would i go about doing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1