Hacking Sysnand updated to 8.0.1 - Switch not starting anymore

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I just updated to 8.0.1 using choidujourNX as I did on my other switch console. but now SX OS 2.6.2 does not start anymore. screen is just black. what do you suggest?
no I am not using EMUNAND.

best wishes.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe AutoRCM was enabled, I had a similar issue and had to disable it for it to boot correctly
Try to replace your "license.dat" for other one (clean file), maybe it be corrupted.
Or maybe it's because SX OS doesn't support 8.x yet. Just a wild guess, a real shot in the dark here.

Reactions: CarefulCrysis

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
would have to reinstall all my XCI backups then :(
Yeah, would need to install them with Lithium or Tinfoil on Atmos
downgrade dude its super easy here's a tutorial i used ;)
Right, I forgot about that. 8.0.1 doesn't have new keys so you can just downgrade to 7.0.1 with Choidujour (on Atmosphere) again

Reactions: naddel81

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw one person claiming AutoRCM to be the culprit here which is beyond insane so just to make sure everyone is on the same page, this is due to SX OS not supporting launching "OFW" on firmware 8.X. Their "OFW" option is not really true OFW which would just be turning the console on normally without AutoRCM. For one, their OFW option bypasses the fuse check meaning it lets you launch an OFW with any fuse count. This means its just a very watered down version of CFW mode further indicating they must patch parts of the firmware in order to launch "OFW". Now if their CFW doesn't support that firmware, obviously "OFW" won't even work. Note the fault is not on AutoRCM before anyone gets any ideas as Hekate can launch its "Stock" profile on 8.X just fine, after version 4.10 was released.

tl;dr SX OS currently does not support launching CFW or "OFW" on 8.X

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is fake?
He's not using AutoRCM. He used the SX Pro jig to enter RCM. He even showcased SX OS not booting CFW on SysNAND running 8.0. I already explained the issue in my previous post. You cannot use AutoRCM to launch OFW/CFW on a firmware SysNAND, or even EmuNAND for that matter, on a firmware SX OS does not support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?