Hacking Sysnand Restore on OTP dumping [A9LH]

Incolbum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've started to move on with a9lh, and I've moved to the part where I'm supposed to flash my sysnand with the emunand backup I made.

However!

My Sysnand is 9.2E.
My emunand was region changed and is now 2.1U.

If I flash the 2.1U emunand over the 9.2E sysnand, will the process go without bricks?

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always risks when flashing sysnand, but you could restore with hardmod if anything goes wrong.
I would use another blank SD card to do all the OTP thing, so the working emunand won't be affected, also sysnand and emunand will be in the same region. Not sure about flashing out-of-region emunand to sysnand, maybe other members could answer this question...

Region-changing aside, I would make a copy of the emunand.bin (or anything going to be flashed to sysnand) to PC to make sure it reads correctly. I encountered a repeatable read error when backing up the sysnand.bin to PC. You really don't want any read errors in flashing sysnand.

Last edited by gualala,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, extract otp using a different SD?
Yes. You should clone a new emunand from your sysnand, and use that emunand for the OTP grabbing process since that way your sysnand and emunand will be running the same region.

EDIT: Since you're doing a full and complete flash of emunand to sysnand, maaaaaybe the process of doing it with your region-changed emunand would work fine, but I wouldn't suggest doing it. I would definitely do the fresh emunand approach above instead.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,

Incolbum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You should clone a new emunand from your sysnand, and use that emunand for the OTP grabbing process since that way your sysnand and emunand will be running the same region.

EDIT: Since you're doing a full and complete flash of emunand to sysnand, maaaaaybe the process of doing it with your region-changed emunand would work fine, but I wouldn't suggest doing it. I would definitely do the fresh emunand approach above instead.
If I have an EU emunand backup from before I changed my region, would using that work?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably. But when you follow the process to go to 2.1 you're going to end up reformatting the emunand, so it makes little difference what is actually on the emunand since it all gets wiped anyway. Remember that going to 2.1 is a temporary process. By the end of it, you'll restore your sysnand and your emunand back to the way they were before you started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.