Sysnand Backup after Downgrade to 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by _phlo_, Jan 21, 2016.

1. _phlo_
    OP

_phlo_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello fellow GBAtemp members

I wanted to ask if you can backup your Sysnand after you downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 or if it gets wiped after the downgrade process and I have to start all over with streetpass or so

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    What are you using to backup your sysnand?

3. _phlo_
    OP

_phlo_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Nothing at the moment I am looking/searching for a way to back it up

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    its going to require CFW and devmenu to install this app that backs up your sysnand.

5. _phlo_
    OP

_phlo_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ok Question 2 does downgrading wipe sysnand

6. Bros.Life

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
  7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Yes, EmuNAND9 will back up sysnand. It can back up and restore emunand, too. If you want to restore sysnand while it's unbricked, you can use Decrypt9 or Gateway Launcher to do that. Otherwise, you'll need a hardmod to unbrick, with a copy of your NAND on your computer.

And yes, downgrading will attempt to replace all of your internal NAND files (if not, most. pretty sure it doesn't downgrade like 2-3 files depending which region/model your 3ds is) with the 9.2 firmware.

If you use Julian's sysupdater, NATIVE_FIRM will be written to last. tux's version writes NATIVE_FIRM first, which is more dangerous, and yet I've heard a lot of success with that build.

8. _phlo_
    OP

_phlo_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Or I transfer all the data to my old 3ds and downgrade the N3DS and system transfer it all over will that work ?

9. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    If by transfer you mean "manually with SDF/svdt" then yes. If you mean system transfer through system settings, then no: You cannot officially transfer N3DS back to O3DS.