• Views 511,500
  • Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using ReverseNX as well, but haven't seen any difference with or without it.
I've left memory and CPU values without changes as they didn't affect crashes. Do you think decreasing CPU frequency would make it more stable?

Regarding graphics mods - I don't have any installed. It's a fresh reinstalled package with the latest Atmoshpere/Hekate/sigpatches on a new SD card.
I have a separate thread on this topic if you're interested in details:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixing-crashes-in-handheld-mode.612123/
let me guess you have used the gta mod which is the ONLY mod that requires you to overclock to prevent a crash. any other game can "run" at the lowest underclock without a crash. I see 0 reason why you would require to use docked speeds in order for it to not crash. does this also happen with games on your sysnand like if you were to play something demanding like warframe?

Last edited by deathblade200,

WarfareD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
let me guess you have used the gta mod which is the ONLY mod that requires you to overclock to prevent a crash. any other game can "run" at the lowest underclock without a crash. I see 0 reason why you would require to use docked speeds in order for it to not crash. does this also happen with games on your sysnand like if you were to play something demanding like warframe?
I haven't played GTA on this console or installed any mods. The previous owner totally could at some point, but I'm using a fresh SD card now and performed a factory reset to clean all the previous data.
Some simple games run ok, like Binding of Isaac or Darkest Dungeon. Some crash from time to time like Mario Rabbids or Diablo 3. Some crash all the time like Mario Cart or Hades. Moving from SD card to sysnand and back didn't have any difference.
This is a very odd issue indeed and it is a pure luck that OC actually helped.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played GTA on this console or installed any mods. The previous owner totally could at some point, but I'm using a fresh SD card now and performed a factory reset to clean all the previous data.
Some simple games run ok, like Binding of Isaac or Darkest Dungeon. Some crash from time to time like Mario Rabbids or Diablo 3. Some crash all the time like Mario Cart or Hades. Moving from SD card to sysnand and back didn't have any difference.
This is a very odd issue indeed and it is a pure luck that OC actually helped.
based on this I'm assuming you arent using a emunand and a factory reset might not fix cfw edits to the sysnand depending on what was messed with. in that case if it was me I'd make an emunand and see if it has the same issues which would tell you if its corrupt sysnand files or not causing the issue

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
other than the people giving reports of the opposite on your own site which you completely ignore including those that say it turns off their device or drains insanely fast due to it using too much power/being unstable but yet you keep misinforming people to only look at heat
Proofs, as I understand it, will not be? As always.
As far as I know, 4IFIR was unstable only in your (and few guys from RetroNX sect) imagination.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I find it remarkable that you ignored the post where he included a link for you as evidence that people from that forum also said the same, which isn't weird, considering they're just basic nature laws. I really don't want to bring this to GBATemp but, well, you don't really have any other choice. There was a reason for that you know, they don't just randomly ban people.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Are you guys referring to the nand partition issues experienced by ZachyCatGames mod users? If so, what does 4IFIR have to do with it? It does not contain code written by unskilled developers.

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not going to go through and find them all but as an example https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=939714&view=findpost&p=115113220. idk if these links are even allowed here but if a mod sees it as an issue they can remove it
Since I doubt you read anything that people say I will explicitly quote this message again to remind you that people, even from using your package, still have issues. You can't fix a hardware problem with software. If you undervolt it won't accept the frequency and drop down. Which isn't bad, but what's the point of overclocking then? This isn't X86 you know.

Reactions: deathblade200

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Since I doubt you read anything that people say I will explicitly quote this message again to remind you that people, even from using your package, still have issues. You can't fix a hardware problem with software. If you undervolt it won't accept the frequency and drop down. Which isn't bad, but what's the point of overclocking then? This isn't X86 you know.
Your information is out of date. Just check STAGE-1 update of 4IFIR, if you want to know - what will done and hot its work.
And yes, it works. Tens of thousands of 4IFIR users are not idiots for using something that doesn't work.

upd. Or do you mean Erista, and protecting the battery from high current discharge? I did not turn off this protection in HOS. Why would? Is there something about this defense that bothers you?
This protection is also present on Mariko, but even the Lite switch, with the arrival of Stage 1 and GPU undervolting, learned to work at the maximum GPU frequency from the battery, while consuming about 8 watts.
If you do not understand something, ask me, I will try to explain. Don't demonize something just because you don't know how or why it works.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your information is out of date. Just check STAGE-1 update of 4IFIR, if you want to know - what will done and hot its work.
And yes, it works. Tens of thousands of 4IFIR users are not idiots for using something that doesn't work.

upd. Or do you mean Erista, and protecting the battery from high current discharge? I did not turn off this protection in HOS. Why would? Is there something about this defense that bothers you?
This protection is also present on Mariko, but even the Lite switch, with the arrival of Stage 1 and GPU undervolting, learned to work at the maximum GPU frequency from the battery, while consuming about 8 watts.
If you do not understand something, ask me, I will try to explain. Don't demonize something just because you don't know how or why it works.
I swear you only hear what you want to hear and disregard anything else. you are the epitome of the Dunning Kruger effect. some examples of the Dunning Kruger effect are "Overestimate their own skill levels. Fail to recognize the genuine skill and expertise of other people. Fail to recognize their own mistakes and lack of skill." among other things closely related to a cognitive bias. incompetence leads to a person being unable to realize how incompetent and lacking in skill they are therefore leading them to THINKING they are smart. you lack any form of metacognition

Last edited by deathblade200,

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Okay, yes I meant Erista. If you want to explain, can you explain what you did with it, and it's gonna help? Mariko obviously can, although it still shouldn't, but it can. Using Erista you shouldn't even do it docked. How did you make it work when in handheld that GPU cam overclock to like 921MHz on Erista?

WarfareD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm more interested in the crash codes personally. Is it just something like "the game was closed due to an error" or something like that? Or is Atmosphère crashing?
Yes, the most common error: "The software was closed because an error occurred". The built-in Error History is empty, crash_reports folder doesn't contain much info as well:
Type: User Break
Address: nnSdk + some address
Thread Name: NxSystemThread
ReturnAddress: _ZN2nn4diag6detail18OnAssertionFailureENS0_13AssertionTypeEPKcS4_S4_iS4_z
Atmosphere and all homebrews run perfectly fine.

based on this I'm assuming you arent using a emunand and a factory reset might not fix cfw edits to the sysnand depending on what was messed with. in that case if it was me I'd make an emunand and see if it has the same issues which would tell you if its corrupt sysnand files or not causing the issue
Thanks for the tip! Yes, I'm not using emunand so I could go ahead and create it. However, do I understand correctly that emunand is created from the existing sysnand? So won't all the issues would be copied as well? Or is there a way to create a clean emunand without it?

WarfareD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thats actually a good point and only way really around that is a clean nand backup. stuff like this (alongside being banned) is why people should make an emunand in the first place instead of editing the sysnand
Unfortunately, the previous owner doesn't have a backup. And since this issue was present from when I got the console, my backup would have this issue as well.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proofs, as I understand it, will not be? As always.
As far as I know, 4IFIR was unstable only in your (and few guys from RetroNX sect) imagination.
Ah yes because quite a few eristas that couldn't stand 1.8 ram are just fakes, totally my imagination I apologize
Are you guys referring to the nand partition issues experienced by ZachyCatGames mod users? If so, what does 4IFIR have to do with it? It does not contain code written by unskilled developers.
Ram chips cant stand it --> nand corruption --> issues

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is that 8W figure from erista or mariko.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into this and something I don't understand, what does the official charger do that a 45 watt laptop charger cannot do and how does the switch know that it is connected to one vs the other? Proprietary Nintendo nonsense?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking into this and something I don't understand, what does the official charger do that a 45 watt laptop charger cannot do and how does the switch know that it is connected to one vs the other? Proprietary Nintendo nonsense?
There's a standard called USB PD that devices and chargers can use to recognise and request different power levels. Nintendo, helpfully, uses a non-standard variant of this standard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Huge crts on both eye lids