Hacking SXOS v2.2 folder scanning problem on USB

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a wall powered external 2TB exFAT formatted drive and unless the .xci and .nsp files are on the root menu they aren't recognized.

Looks like it is scanning the microSD card for sxos/switch folders but not the USB HDD.

And it would be great if they Album recursively searched folders so you could logically group games. For sub folders it would display the sub folder name and if you pressed A on it the display would change to just the games in that folder. Pressing B would pop you out a folder level. The NES/SNES Classic mod handles games in folders this way.

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Looks like it is scanning the microSD card for sxos/switch folders but not the USB HDD.
Can confirm, xcis are detected only if they are in USB HDD root.

AFAIK, don't use 3.5" hdd it will break your usb ports soon(tm). 2.5" hdd is totally safe.
What? That's a nonsense. Please stop spreading misinformation.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can confirm, xcis are detected only if they are in USB HDD root.

What? That's a nonsense. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Try to use 3.5" HDD, switching about 18-20 XCIs. After a crash, the usb port might not detect any HDD or just crash when plugging in. 2.5" HDD will suffer the same issue but it worked just fine after the crash. Magic and enjoy!

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to use 3.5" HDD, switching about 18-20 XCIs. After a crash, the usb port might not detect any HDD or just crash when plugging in. 2.5" HDD will suffer the same issue but it worked just fine after the crash. Magic and enjoy!
Maybe in portable mode with a USB C to USB A adapter, but read OP again: "I'm using a wall powered [...] drive". It shouldn't draw power from the USB port, how should it fry it?
In addition to that it sounds more like a bug in TX's exfat driver and not a wear of the USB port. But idk.

To OP:
I'm pretty sure that they just didn't implement folder support for their exfat drivers yet.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe in portable mode with a USB C to USB A adapter, but read OP again: "I'm using a wall powered [...] drive". It shouldn't draw power from the USB port, how should it fry it?

To OP:
I'm pretty sure that they just didn't implement folder support for their exfat drivers yet.

I mean the issue on Dock mode (HDD 3.5"). HDD 2.5" either on dock or handheld mode with a single cable works perfectly. OTG adapter must be USB 3.0. HDD 2.5" draws about 1A, it shouldn't be a problem. I've been using it all day/ night, even on dock mode or handheld mode without sleep mode, playing game for 4 days without an issue.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I mean the issue on Dock mode (HDD 3.5"). HDD 2.5" either on dock or handheld mode with a single cable works perfectly. OTG adapter must be USB 3.0. HDD 2.5" draws about 1A, it shouldn't be a problem. I've been using it all day/ night, even on dock mode or handheld mode without sleep mode, playing game for 4 days without an issue.
Again, OP uses a wall powered drive as he states in the first post. No reason to worry about it drawing energy from the dock.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Again, OP uses a wall powered drive as he states in the first post. No reason to worry about it drawing energy from the dock.

That's okay. I've just tested and said that. FYI, 1 of my original docks has been burned because of HDD 3.5" with wall adapter, I don't want to test again on the other one. Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: