Hacking sx pro, taking out sd card

Trappie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you want to put some new backups of your owned games on the sd card, you gotta turn off the switch and restart it after.
Do you have to throw in another payload when doing that or does it start in SX OS by itself?

Thanks

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time you power off (not sleep) you must resend the payload whether through SX Pro dongle with Jig or Auto RCM, or SX OX with your own way to get into RCM and whatever your preferred method of sending the payload to boot SX OS. If you have multiple SD cards and are switching between then you must have boot.dat and license.dat files on each card.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
FTPD could be your solution, that can be triggered, you transfer your dumps to the root and exit FTPD.
No need to remove the SD then.

Also keep in mind;
SX OS looks in the root of the SD
WAIN stores backups in the switch folder of the SD
gcdumptool stores backups in the root.
So gcdumptool is easier if you are dumping carts yourself ;)

Reactions: Trappie
D

Deleted-351540

As long as your in RCM and the dongle is installed. SX OS will boot.
Likewise, you can hold Volume + and boot to the SX OS menu. From there, you can select "Options" and then select "Boot external payload" to boot any payload on your SD card. I use this exclusively to boot Hekate CTCaer Mod.

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTPD could be your solution, that can be triggered, you transfer your dumps to the root and exit FTPD.
No need to remove the SD then.

Also keep in mind;
SX OS looks in the root of the SD
WAIN stores backups in the switch folder of the SD
gcdumptool stores backups in the root.
So gcdumptool is easier if you are dumping carts yourself ;)

Thanks for this. I just recently discovered FTPD (today actually). But I was doing the Waincartdumper to rip and using nx explorer to go in and move the dump and rename it from the switch itself. I'll check out this other application. One less step to worry about. Do you know if gcdumptool is more or less compatible than waincart? It couldn't hurt to have more apps I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ