1. viper3344

OP viper3344 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So just got a batch 1 from modchipdirect. Came in a bag and stickers were not on but no biggie.

Tried using it and it just did not work. Finally just plugged it into a USB phone charger for about 3 min and it started working just fine. Issue is there is never an LED light. When is this so called light supposed to come on?

Thanks!

I also did notice that when plugging it into the switch, it does make a high pitched sound. Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

But it sends the payload, as I heard the high pitch is normal have you tried to plug it in your switch in horizon to see if the led turns on

3. viper3344

United States
    I have. I had it plugged in for a good 10 min under Horizon. I hear the pitch but never a light. It works normally but I am confused on when I am actually supposed to see a light.

4. kamesenin888

have you tried running the payload multiple times, try 5 times without charging, it could be the led not working but everything else does

5. viper3344

United States
    Yeah I am thinking the LED is just dead :( So what happens if I run the payload 5 times and the internal caps are drained. What will the switch do? Will it hurt it at all?

thanks for all the info.

6. kamesenin888

To see if its only the led

7. Twisted_sins

Twisted_sins Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There is another thread about this very topic. So far has been ruled as a defective unit.

If it does end up being JUST the led like it sounds you could always replace it your self if you have the skills or not worry about it

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. viper3344

United States
    Ok update!

So.. I am able to get the led light when I plug it into a USB port with the cable. But never when plugged into the switch. Is the switch supposed to charge it to the point of LED light up?

9. uzi

uzi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

my led is shot too but it still works..

10. viper3344

United States
    But is the switch bottom usb c port supposed to light the dongle? I can get a light from a USB port on a pc just never when it’s plugged into the switch

11. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    SX Pro on boot from RCM should emit a green light really short to acknowledge being triggered.

12. viper3344

United States
    So is the LED light for showing its been triggered or to show it has a charge?

13. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Fair question; I have been led to believe that it is the trigger of the payload but im not 100% sure about that.

14. Aszrael

Aszrael Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    To my understanding the dongle should blink up green and thereafter is blue. The blue light indicates the payload is sent. This speaks for green = trigger, blue = sending payload.

However, as my dongle stays black in RCM no matter what I do we will have to wait for an official statement from team xecuter to be sure.

15. JamisonFawkes

JamisonFawkes Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Same for me, the led lights up only when connected to a PC through USB. When it's on switch it's off and sometimes I need to try 2-3 times before booting in sx os succesfully

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - light,