Hacking Sx Os to Atmosphere

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only you can answer that question. It's all about pros and cons. Are xci loading, launching xci from a hard disk and emunand worth anything to you? If not, that simplifies your decision making a lot.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
SX OS bootdongle allows launching of custom payloads. So you can just put the files for atmosphere on the SD card (hekate.bin etc.), together with SX OS boot.dat. Then you can choose at each re-boot which cfw you want to boot into. I recommend the Kosmos collection of files, although it is not yet updated to latest atmosphere. Kosmos comes with hekate.bin and other files needed to boot into atmosphere. If hekate.bin is in root of sd card, SX OS dongle loader will show it under "custom payloads" as an option.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
no it's not worth switching this is downgrading from feature rich premium cfw to very basic one
Each has its features which are worth it. And if you care about more than just warez, atmo is way more feature rich.
Sx has mainly EmuNAND, usb and xci. I can live without all of them.
Atmo has kip support, reboot to payload, proper shut down, creport and is always first with important updates.
I can live without that too. So in my case, it comes down to preference.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Ty_ and Nononoki

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Each has its features which are worth it. And if you care about more than just warez, atmo is way more feature rich.
Sx has mainly EmuNAND, usb and xci. I can live without all of them.
Atmo has kip support, reboot to payload, proper shut down, creport and is always first with important updates.
I can live without that too. So in my case, it comes down to preference.

ok let's just say the majority wanted features vs the minority wanted features :P

Reactions: tbb043

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
ok let's just say the majority wanted features vs the minority wanted features :P
Better: The tech-savvy people want atmo and people who don't care or don't want to understand went for SX OS (which is a minority no matter what you wish). :P

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS bootdongle allows launching of custom payloads. So you can just put the files for atmosphere on the SD card (hekate.bin etc.), together with SX OS boot.dat. Then you can choose at each re-boot which cfw you want to boot into. I recommend the Kosmos collection of files, although it is not yet updated to latest atmosphere. Kosmos comes with hekate.bin and other files needed to boot into atmosphere. If hekate.bin is in root of sd card, SX OS dongle loader will show it under "custom payloads" as an option.
The only actual answer here.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Better: The tech-savvy people want atmo and people who don't care or don't want to understand went for SX OS (which is a minority no matter what you wish). :P
It‘s more like the people who don’t want to pay for anything and don’t need the sx os features went for atmosphere. Or do you really think atmosphere is hard to set up? The only tech people are the developers of the CFWs and not the end users who think they are hackers using the stuff from developers.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only tech people are the developers of the CFWs and not the end users who think they are hackers using the stuff from developers.
Couldn't agree more. Technically, an end user who hacks his console with the current known methods is not a hacker, he is just a hack copy/paster (sort of). Although to the outside observers, he is a hacker. That strokes his ego, I guess. :rofl2:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Just to add on to this, you don't need to use the SX OS software at all to boot. If you use the SX Gear software, this just uses a small boot.dat which just chainloads an arbitrary payload.bin. So you can just rename hekate, ReiNX, fusee-primary or whatever to payload.bin and it will just load that.

All of your installed NSPs will still work if you switch CFW. Only XCI files will no longer be usable.

Reactions: Meepers55

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because some people are lazy to read and think it’s safer because they can’t do something wrong. A good UI is always a reason for people to buy a product.
Their UI isn't even anything too special in my opinion, but I do see what you mean. Suckers will be suckers. At least those suckers get a few extra perks before everyone else.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
You mean the bootloader UI? Does Hekate even have a UI? Last time I checked it was a vertical text only screen, controlled via volume buttons. Not exactly what I would call user-friendly. However it works just fine.

brunormalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me add a question: I use atmosphere and want to launch games from a USB HD. As long as Atmosphere hasn't implemented this feature yet, I'm thinking about Sx OS. If I just buy a Sx OS license will I be able to use the "USB HD" feature or do I need something else? I already have a NS-Atmosphere payload injector.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Let me add a question: I use atmosphere and want to launch games from a USB HD. As long as Atmosphere hasn't implemented this feature yet, I'm thinking about Sx OS. If I just buy a Sx OS license will I be able to use the "USB HD" feature or do I need something else? I already have a NS-Atmosphere payload injector.
Just buy sx os and attach the hdd to the dock or the usb c port of the switch.

Reactions: brunormalmeida

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp