Hacking SX OS NAND Backup

man_of_power05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well does the nand backup feature on sx os 2.0 work? i think i will need to update to fw6.0 when smash comes out (as it will likely require the 6.0 master key which i hear the only way to make it work in that case is to just install the firmware with the master key) and i want to back up my nand first. is it just standard backup the nand to the sd card like other methods? anyone have any issues backing up and restoring using sx os 2.0?

also no shitting on sx os please. these accusations of stolen code with no proof is really getting on my nerves.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It should work the EXACT same way, there's no reason why it wouldn't. So far no issues have been reported when it comes to restoring or backing up but that might just be because no one has done it yet. You might just be the first, or at least the first to report it XD

As for stolen code i will just say there was plenty of evidence found and posed on several threads here but that's all i will say on the subject. Also by saying something like that you're KIND OF encouraging off topic and haters to come around, just saying. On to the topic, yeah it should work the exact same way

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well does the nand backup feature on sx os 2.0 work? i think i will need to update to fw6.0 when smash comes out (as it will likely require the 6.0 master key which i hear the only way to make it work in that case is to just install the firmware with the master key) and i want to back up my nand first. is it just standard backup the nand to the sd card like other methods? anyone have any issues backing up and restoring using sx os 2.0?
It is recommended that you use Hekate instead to backup your NAND to your SD card. You should backup the rawnand and BOOT0/1. Then, you should store the backup somewhere safe, such as on a cloud backup service.

also no shitting on sx os please. these accusations of stolen code with no proof is really getting on my nerves.
It has been definitively proven that SX OS steals code.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find Tweets all over the place highlighting the stolen code in SX OS. This is only one example:

Reactions: D-Jay and Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning