Hacking Rumor SX OS is not over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He sure as hell is being dramatic though, almost like that dramatic behavior is meant to anger people...?
That still counts as trolling in a sense.
Not dramatic. He is responding to drama being created by people through dividing the CFW userbase that there is only "one" cfw.
He does so with yang energy and no bullshit attitude. It's time for people to get over their cult thinking, don't you think? Im so over it. He is appearently too. People will use what they want to use anyway.

Reactions: zxr750j

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you so deep in your cult thinking, that you cannot even consider that there are other valid opinions, and thus is a troll? Just sad really.

This is just like the Apple/Android fanboys fight all over again

The AMS fanboys can't/won't accept there are other ppl that find solutions that doesn't fin into the tiny world they are living in

Personaly i don't even have any games that can't be played on SX OS, and i love the xci loader combined with the SX autoloader, something i will miss the day i have to move to another cfw

Reactions: mikefor20

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I personally don't give a shit about what CFW you use, i vocally frown apon SXOS because of two reasons, One is the fact that it is literally dead and once games use the Firmware 12 keys you have two choices of staying on it and having no new games or moving to AMS. Two is the fanboys, SXOS Fanboys are as much of a thing as AMS Fanboys, We've literally had Homebrew Devs make their programs not work on ams (Take a guess.), People defending the Stolen code from AMS, people being called poorf*gs for not opting for SXOS and much more. I've used both SXOS and AMS and honestly if you just keep to yourself i don't mind you using either, just don't be an active nuisance sucking the dick of Gateway off to the point where you harm the community. Use whatever the fuck you want, just don't be a jerk basically.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this should answer your questions about SX OS once and for all:
a44eefbc-c140-46e1-ae8b-03bf0f334370_text.gif

Detroitguy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not dramatic. He is responding to drama being created by people through dividing the CFW userbase that there is only "one" cfw.
He does so with yang energy and no bullshit attitude. It's time for people to get over their cult thinking, don't you think? Im so over it. He is appearently too. People will use what they want to use anyway.

Mike420 alt spotted

Reactions: Lacius

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is only one up to date - and actually free+open source - CFW though: Atmosphère.
SXOS may have the "convenience" of HDD loading XCIs, but that's so freaking small it shouldn't matter.
Just get a high capacity microSD ans install your NSPs, problem solved.

I used to use ReiNX just for how hassle free the whole thing seemed to be, but Atmosphère is clearly the only viable option we have for now and the only one we will have, ceteris paribus, in the foreseeable future.

To adamantly defend SXOS at this point in time, one must really love that HDD loading feature, but even then people should please understand that it will be going away for future games, and is hardly a ~great thing~ to have for current games.

It bears repeating that using both is also an option, if one truly wants to stick to SXOS for whatever reason.

Personally, I'd most likely never go to SXOS seeing as it was a paid option when there was a free alternative available with pretty much the same core features, but that's me. You do you.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The amount of grief SXOS has caused to GBAtemp was fun to spectate, people just couldn't handle the fact that it was the most convenient solution back then
may I ask how is paying money for something morally questionable more "convenient" than the free and open source solution?

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
may I ask how is paying money for something morally questionable more "convenient" than the free and open source solution?

The fact that it had it's own sigpatches so even a total idiot who shouldn't be using homebrew in the first place can use it (and yet sdsetup, HBG/JITS bundles and gbatempt threads exist) . HDD loading and mounting games, two of those are totally irrelevant and the other is a niche that will sooner than later have too many downsides weighing you down to use.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
.xci were plug n play like .nds were back in the flashcard days. Contrary to .nsp which were more of a hassle to use.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.xci were plug n play like .nds were back in the flashcard days. Contrary to .nsp which were more of a hassle to use.
And the same why Gateway and. 3ds files are still my favorite way of playing these games (and yes.... I also have a 2dsxl with Luma).
And no... I would not buy Gateway or something like that now.... But I did when there was no other option so why not use it?
Would I buy sxos now? No, but I did when atmosphere was not an option so why not use sxos (until a game surfaces which need me to move to atmosphere)

Last edited by lafleche,
Reactions: nWo

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, just hit the same thing.... Anything with SDK version 12 or higher WONT launch on SXOS.....

But folks were mentioning having BOTH right? So your sysnand would be on the latest with Atmos right? Then you emunand the previous SXOS stuff?

Thinking it would use SXOS for anything pre 12, and Atmos for anything post. I have a launch swtich. Is that possible?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, just hit the same thing.... Anything with SDK version 12 or higher WONT launch on SXOS.....

But folks were mentioning having BOTH right? So your sysnand would be on the latest with Atmos right? Then you emunand the previous SXOS stuff?

Thinking it would use SXOS for anything pre 12, and Atmos for anything post. I have a launch swtich. Is that possible?

You would have to leave Sysnand at 11.0.0, have an emunand for SX OS, and have a second emunand for Atmosphere.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to leave Sysnand at 11.0.0, have an emunand for SX OS, and have a second emunand for Atmosphere.

Interesting. I guess I am in the dark here unfortunately and know how to run anything via SXOS but how would I even begin to set up dual emunands? I have a launch switch so I am good there though!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I guess I am in the dark here unfortunately and know how to run anything via SXOS but how would I even begin to set up dual emunands? I have a launch switch so I am good there though!

You have to create a second emunand from hekate, you can also boot SX from hekate.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to create a second emunand from hekate, you can also boot SX from hekate.

Never heard of hekate or created an emunand before so this is all level 0 stuff to me. Ill do some research and see what I can dig up! But the goal is what? I have my switch powered off. I still assume I use my jig and injector, but switch between payloads for atmos VS sxos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: