Homebrew Question SX OS Crashing

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS Works fine.
But it crashes when opening Album while running a game.
This happens 100% of the time.
I am on SX OS 2.9.4.
This happened on 2.9.3 as well and started on 2.9.2.
None of my games are corrupted because, as was stated, it works fine as long as a game isn't running.

Does anyone know why this is?
I just want to use cheats on games.

-I noticed on some NSPs this does not happen. But all XCIs this happens. I tried installing an XCI and, for some reason, it still happened on that XCI-installed NSP.

Last edited by Grmmish,
Reactions: zzzzBeatz

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have too many sysmodules active if applets are causing crashes. If you don't know their title ids, just deleted the sd:/sxos folder and reboot into SX again.

Reminder that XCIs also have some overhead when it comes to using them because it's basically homebrew (that also takes up memory in the applet pool) that mounts a file as a gamecard.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense as to why SX locked down external kips/modules for such a long time.

Last edited by JonJaded,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have too many sysmodules active if applets are causing crashes. If you don't know their title ids, just deleted the sd:/sxos folder and reboot into SX again.

Reminder that XCIs also have some overhead when it comes to using it since it's basically homebrew that mounts a file as a gamecard.

Hm. I appreciate that.
So delete homebrew NROs and that should fix my problem?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I appreciate that.
So delete homebrew NROs and that should fix my problem?

Nah, the NROs themselves aren't the problem. You have some sort of sysmodule that's taking up memory space in the background. (They are in sd:/sxos/titles)

I don't know a list of compatible sysmodules but even stuff like cathery's sys-con takes up memory (all though its fooprint is really small compared to a lot of other modules.)

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Ok now I see. I guess I wasn't familiar with the term Sysmodule. But I will try this later. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?