Country
Germany
Reactions: rvnx

Bread1

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
that bribe mail was confirmed being fake. apparently he sent it to himself?! or has done that in the past?
I just know that everybody was sceptical if he had the skills to crack it. obviously he hasn't. so sad.
yeah because i found it kind of ridiculous of him not accepting the deal

Reactions: naddel81

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hexkyz for example. Src. : http://hexkyz.blogspot.com/2018/06/chill-shills.html?m=1

It measures the execution time of some parts of the code and if the time isn't correct, the brick code gets executed.

If the next firmware update from nintendo improves the runtime of some basic parts, it could brick a lot of switches.

i doubt it counts "time" there would have been bricks already or they have set a very high threshold. Not every CPU is the same. There will be slight hardware differences making your switch maybe a little faster or slower then others.

It would be safer to count clock cycles because time spend in the debugger will create a very large latency.
Overclocking shouldn't trigger the bricking because the result wouldn't be greater then the value it is compared to...

( I don't know shit about the switch platform or how tx did code it... this opinion is assuming it works the same as i would do it on x86...).

Bricking could happen if a homebrew or Nintendo used more cycles in the boot process (maybe chainloading sx with hekate?). So yes Nintendo could maybe modify the bootprocess and intentionally brick switches using sx. This would be an evil but genius move, because tx will be blamed for it...

( again I don't know how the switch boots but I guess hen-firmware like sx and hekate use custom bootloader not related to ofw used. Thus I don't know if Nintendo could technically modify the boot process of sx causing bricks...).

numbawun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Not everyone has the same motivation but i can see 3 different motivations
A) They like piracy but do not want to spend money on it
B) They do not like piracy, as such want this to be cracked to cut some sales from the company, this group would not use this cracked.
C) This is the group of the devs that are cracking it and they seem to be cracking it for fun, for them is like playing a game, is a hobby.
Cut the sales? if anyone wants it they bought it by now. The one that wants sx os to be cracked were the one that want it to be free for piracy. If they only want homebrew there are other options out there.
They are prentending that they want homebrew but they want a crack SX OS so that they will get what they wanted. Backup loader.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how many people are aware that the "haters" of TX that come up now and again only hate them because they broke the 1 general rule that 99% of devs follow and its "Homebrew and its utilities should be free" this isnt the ps4 scene where they wait 30 years to drop an exploit for a firmware that got changed 29 ago. Its quite ridiculous that those of you who keep looking at this thread and saying "it wont get released" arent keeping up with anything important from these people such as twitter, reddit, etc.. from what ive seen on hexkys's twitter he's working on the crack and will release it as soon as he can, he has no beef with anyone who wants to pirate, just he himself doesnt do it.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
from what ive seen on hexkys's twitter he's working on the crack and will release it as soon as he can

Well, we'll hold our breath till he does

EnviousLawfulInsect-size_restricted.gif

EnviousLawfulInsect.webm

Last edited by Ra1d,

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no need cracking it for the backup loading part. The devs know how to sigpatch hekate or atmosphere already. They just won't do it because they are against piracy.

The only reason for cracking sx is because of the challenge cracking the protection. I hope there will be a good writeup of this and they will release it soon. Should be an interesting read.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The brickcode was removed in the lastest update to sx os so this should be cracked within a couple of days but I'm pretty sure it will never be released to the general public for distribution.

Lol, you are confused! Removing brick code (Which still has to be confirmed) does not mean they removed DRM in the slightest. I am sure they made it even harder to crack.

rvnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Man, they're really grasping for straws now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-04-21-08-53.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-04-21-08-53.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Screenshot_2018-07-04-20-31-24.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-04-20-31-24.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: DarthDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...