Homebrew Discussion SX OS Crack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

He released his WIP unpacking code though. So chances are, he will release his last version, and someone will be able to modify the CFW or copy their rom loader code.
It'll be interesting to see where this goes at least. thanks for the information!

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
What are the odds of him actually releasing anything though? As far as I know, he took down the github page for Hekate because it was being associated with piracy and backup loading. Seems about as anti-piracy as you can get.

you have a point, however, a write-up to get the ball rolling is a nice way to start, of course with able devs too (see ps4 scene)

or.
. or an anonymous pastbin post or a politician user account like donald trump dummy account givingnmagicnfermuollah

usually comes around, remember when the 3ds was getting this treatment too, leaks and drama everywhere. * if you dont get the insider jokes, sorry

whoIsAndrej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can't post direct links, sadly (but understandably). But here's some interesting info:

hexkyz said:
Yes, that is SX's bootloader's plaintext. ;) WANNA PLAY? :)

twitter com/hexkyz/status/1011295365763436544

Weabu23 said:
All this is cool, but we (community) would like to receive a direct answer - will you release that crack on public or it's personal challenge only?
hexkyz said:
I don't see why this would be kept private so...

twitter com/hexkyz/status/1011295732190490624

konachanizumi said:
I have a question. When you finish cracking TXOS's DRM, do you intend to release your work? I see a moral dilemma here; you'd be enabling people to use TXOS's backup loading and enabling people to pirate TXOS. But TX is profiting off piracy, which could be ethically worse?
hexkyz said:
Considering the free and open-source solutions available it makes little sense to not share this publicly.

twitter com/hexkyz/status/1011296183296245760

Reactions: Deleted User

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to send me a copy of the 1.1 files for research? It seems like they've taken them down. Wanted to look at brick code before and after.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whats the state of progress atm?
The progress is that there is absolutely no progress from anyone on this thread, specially OP who got nowhere and gave up, he tried but it was out of his league, not faulting him.
Maybe someone out there is trying to crack it with the intention of releasing the crack but we don't know about their existence.

whoIsAndrej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The progress is that there is absolutely no progress from anyone on this thread, specially OP who got nowhere and gave up, he tried but it was out of his league, not faulting him.
Maybe someone out there is trying to crack it with the intention of releasing the crack but we don't know about their existence.

hexkyz is working on that, together with naehrwert. I quoted the tweets a few replies earlier.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

greatwizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm talking about the boot.dat source code
I'm just playing (and nothing is working yet) with SX boot and push everything on GH
The current website was just an empty shell, the current boot.dat is the 1.0 from TX.

Seriously guys don't run code when you don't even check what is it :P

EDIT: I deactivate the website to not confuse you

Last edited by greatwizard,
Reactions: Traiver and mcmrc1

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just playing with SX boot and push everything on GH
The current website is just an empty shell, the current boot.dat is the 1.0 from TX.

Seriously guys don't run code when you don't even check what is it :P

As i said... ^^ But i checked you updated for ~15 mins ^^

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the point of this? its just 25-40$ lol. seems like a small price to pay for developers hard work. or am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...