Status
Not open for further replies.

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What are you getting at? The original debate was if removing the drm is a crack. The os is a boot loader.. The kips and rommenu are separate entities packed in. When I say the os has nothing special, I'm referring to the boot loader, not the homebrew

@Reisyukaku, please make a .XCI loader for us.
It's possible?
Thanks!

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
i'm honestly amazed by how Rei is wasting his time arguing with you guys.
It's only because I'm at work with nothing better to do lol.. It was meant to be a healthy debate until the armchair theorists showed up to debate a subject they don't understand anything about outside of the user end point of view.

BryanNigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Depends how you define cracked, cracked as in a cracked glasses where someone threw them on the ground and stepped on them but the frame is still mostly intact yet you can't use them to read for shit. Then I'd agree SXOS is totally cracked.

Last edited by BryanNigson,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends how you define cracked, cracked as in a cracked glasses where someone threw them on the ground and stepped on them but the frame is still mostly intact yet you can't use them to read for shit. Then I'd agree SXOS is totally cracked.
A part of SX OS has been cracked, not the entire CFW. People are saying its not a crack since it doesn't crack the .XCI loading which is half-true. .XCI loading is only one part of SX OS just as much as the title manager is. Whether you bought SX OS for its ability to play .XCI files or because you like the UI of their title manager is irrelevant as both are smaller parts of the bigger SX OS. Therefore, its more accurate to say a part of SX OS was cracked, but not the entire CFW.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Just imagine buying a game, you can load it to the first level, but then it doesn't let you play the other 99 levels, you would tell the place that sold you the game that it wasn't complete and you'd want your money back - this is pretty much how this version of OS OX is cracked.

Partially done - but by no means fully cracked. Not what people in the scene would call cracked anyway!!!

VizionRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I prefer to waste 1 or 2 minutes injecting the ReiNX method, than to buy that junk from SX OS, which does exactly the same thing. It's just comfort. if you are hacking, comfort is not essential

Reactions: Rulesless

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just imagine buying a game, you can load it to the first level, but then it doesn't let you play the other 99 levels, you would tell the place that sold you the game that it wasn't complete and you'd want your money back - this is pretty much how this version of OS OX is cracked.

Partially done - but by no means fully cracked. Not what people in the scene would call cracked anyway!!!
The difference is that a game is a single intended experience whereas SX OS is a group of experiences brought together. A group of experiences can be segregated and still offer their own individual purpose.

Reactions: tiliarou

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A part of SX OS has been cracked, not the entire CFW. People are saying its not a crack since it doesn't crack the .XCI loading which is half-true. .XCI loading is only one part of SX OS just as much as the title manager is. Whether you bought SX OS for its ability to play .XCI files or because you like the UI of their title manager is irrelevant as both are smaller parts of the bigger SX OS. Therefore, its more accurate to say a part of SX OS was cracked, but not the entire CFW.
You're just being nice.

Sx os is not cracked end of story.

If a warez group like reloaded came out with a game but you could only get to the title screen

Shit is not cracked.

If another group CPY got a working executable to overlay the .exe file and you can actually play the game , then yes its cracked.

The sx os is made so you can play games.

This bullshit cracked thread doesn't do that. So shit is bunk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarthDub

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The difference is that a game is a single intended experience whereas SX OS is a group of experiences brought together. A group of experiences can be segregated and still offer their own individual purpose.

I'm fully aware of what SX OS has to offer, I have a proper licence for it, the main reason people want to use it is because of xci loading (less chance of a console ban). I also am fully aware on how the main file for OX OS has been decompiled and unpacked - modded with ida and then part of that data has been made into an NRO file.

The NRO doesn't contain all the data that the OS OX has, so it's only partially cracked - I crack stuff all the time and have been doing so for the last 30 years, and know the difference between something that's partially modded and something that's fully modded.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
You're just being nice.

If a warez group like reloaded came out with a game but you could only get to the title screen

Shit is not cracked.

If another group CPY got a working executable to overlay the .exe file and you can actually play the game , then yes its cracked.

Have none of you people ever heard of 'only cracks'? if you repacked this rommenu into sx os, i could almost guarentee it'd work.

Reactions: jimmyj

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're just being nice.

Shit is not cracked.

Note how you did not answer my original question.
Let's change the question. How would you get access to Rommenu, TX's title manager, in the first place?
Answer how this was accomplished. If you are going to say Rei developed Rommenu on his own, then that would mean he was lying about cracking it. If it was extracted from SX OS, then you need to be able to crack SX OS to reach it since TX did not provide the source code of SX OS. Think of it like dumping the keys from your Nintendo Switch console. You can't dump those without hacking it in the first place.

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have none of you people ever heard of 'only cracks'? if you repacked this rommenu into sx os, i could almost guarentee it'd work.
No need to because sx os
792f68293b88cceb01eda96db0a2378f.jpg

Reactions: isoboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-