Question SX OS AutoRCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by KoiFishLord, Jun 26, 2018.

1. KoiFishLord
    OP

KoiFishLord Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    South Africa
    Greetings all,

I know a lot of people here ask the same questions over and over again, but I wanted to just get clarification on two things:

1.) With SX OS AutoRCM, what happens if your console runs out of battery at some point? Is it possible to charge it back up from nothing or is it long gone?

2.) Looking at Altina's reply at /switch-back-to-stock.508862/ (New member, long-time lurker, can't post hyperlinks) , it sounds as though one can boot into original FW by holding volume up while powering on without having to upload a payload? So is it possible to still boot into regular FW without something to deliver a payload while AutoRCM is installed, or will we have to upload a payload for it as well as with CFW?

Last edited by KoiFishLord, Jun 26, 2018
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    1. You can charge your console no problem
    2. I think that you need payload for everything, once autorcm is enabled.

3. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    1. Yes. From what I've heard, you can either put it in the dock (no idea why it's different docked or not) or shut it down by holding Power for 10s and charge normally.
    2. No. If this was possible, there's no point to ask about 1)

Ty_ likes this.
  4. thefunkygibbon

thefunkygibbon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2008
    Whilst we are on the subject, another question
    Does SX's AutoRCM do anything different to the other AutoRCM methods?

The reason i ask is that, something not a lot of people are talking about, but you can't seem to turn OFF a switch which has AutoRCM enabled on it. Battery WILL drain, and drain much quicker than in standby, if you try to turn it off/shutdown as opposed to sleep.
    I've tested this myself and it drains about 15% in a couple of hours compared to 1% in sleep. or 0% if it's been switched off with no AutoRCM on the switch.

please feel free to test this yourself as I've only tested it on my own switch.

5. LightOffPro

LightOffPro ユキオクン

Jun 10, 2016
    Portugal
    In Papa Rei's closet.
    No, AutoRCM is just that, corruption of the boot0.

Thing is, SXOS AutoRCM corrupts differently than other AutoRCM solutions. Every solution corrupts the boot0 in a different way. That's why you can't restore Rei's AutoRCM with SXOS AutoRCM.

All AutoRCM solutions do the exact same thing, the battery drain is the same.

6. nitrozz

nitrozz GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    Portugal
    i have tx pro. its safe to turn autorcm on ?

7. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Yes. But it will automaticaly boot to RCM (after 13 seconds) after shutting it down from Horizon, so you have to force shut it down (hold power button for 12+ seconds)

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  8. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    same thing here, if i had a jig id sometimes disable autorcm to power it off at times to give it a good off time as i constantly put it in sleep mode only (or at times into ofw to test stuff on eshop).

but mostly it's in sleep mode, it's been a month haven't done a full power off cause I'm too lazy to make using that tin foil thing method..

and i like autorcm, i just wish there was a way for them to make it permanent on power off cycles somehow as autorcm seems to not allow the switch to go fully off.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

wait is this possible? but if i did that would i need to re-use something like a jig to get back into autorcm (i mean would that force power off uninstall autorcm correct?)

9. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You can restore any AutoRCM with any AutoRCM except rei's...
    That's not uninstalling anything. Just to turn the switch completely off after it automatically boots to RCM (after you power it off from horizon). You can then turn it on and it will normally boot to RCM.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  10. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    will it drain battery or is it full power off the way you Mention it.
    so like first power off then hold the power button to force power it off or how?

11. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It won't drain the battery, because you force shut it down.
    You can do it either from the horizon or after you power it down (and wait 12 secs for switch to boot to RCM automatically) and then force shut it down.

12. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    from horizon means from ofw?
    or (while the system is on) by simply holding power until the system goes off?

13. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    yup

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  14. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    sorry which, ofw or just while the system is on XD

i just want to be able to power it off completely (with no drain issue) and even that it keeps autorcm for when i boot it next time

15. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Just force shut down works from anywhere. So from anywhere.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  16. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Autoc RCM is not worth the trouble , it will constantly produce dead bat in deep charge mode - so recovering can take 30 mins before your back in . I see it more of a brick risk having the boot 0 corrupted to achieve the goal. Just use jig , keep her in standby you will see in user experience its actually easier and less hassle long term. Keep your jig and dongle in your protective switch bag with you at all times - renders the autorcm moot imho.

BloodRose likes this.
  17. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Not sure what bull's ass you pulled that shit from. I've been using autorcm since day0 and haven't had a dead battery yet.
    autorcm in itself is a brick. As long as you have a nand backup, which is the first thing you should do anyway, it can always be restored. You can't brick RCM mode unless you damage the actual hardware.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Aug 10, 2018
  18. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    He doesn't know how to force shutdown his switch...

19. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    lol.

20. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    can you link me to some place that shows how to backup nand please?