Hacking Switchroot Android 10 released

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
# This is the closest to OFW, especially when AutoRCM is needed.
That's your answer, in your own post. If you're using a V1 (unpatched) erista unit, then turn off autoRCM and completely power down. Then simply turn it on, and you're completely stock. Otherwise, hekate can let you use what you already have for "stock", or Atmosphere, or Android (yes, all 3 can be on the same card, but you'll want a large card for that).

Last edited by urherenow,

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks for this, just successfully setup my 128GB sdcard to have a 32GB android partition and 29GB EmuMMC. The only thing I don't like about hekate's EmuMMC partitioning is that windows detects the partition as corrupted and prompts me to reformat it every time I insert it on my PC. Unlike NxNandManager's EmuMMC tool where the emummc partition is hidden from windows.
> prompts me to reformat it every time I insert it on my PC
Yes, I have this issue before,
I searched in the forum, I used DiskGenius to remove the Drive letter of the EmuMMC partition, It will not prompt again. You may try it. :P

Reactions: hippy dave

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Suggestions :
You can also use USB Disk drive to play movies, plays roms or stock some apk's

- Kodi / Vavoo for TV et multimedia
- Android Exclusives Games
- Emulation Gamecube + Wii (I tried Prince of persia GC and Twilight Princess on Wii, it's actually 2/3 playable)
- Duckstation for PSX (no core on Retroarch actually)
- Security device if you lost everything and need to generate a Google Token later ?

-... that's what I did for now
For this you have to grant developer permissions to external drives since most apps do not request such permissions.

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Anyone used the Android + Atmosphere on a same sd card?

I think it has a benefit that it can use the Android app to sync the switch FAT32(files), such as the Switch RetroArch saves and Switch JKSV exported saves on the SDCARD, becasue the Switch doesn't has the "google drive sync" homebrew? :D

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally took the plunge and this is a HUGE improvement over Oreo. Just smooth, docks reliably, working sleep mode...

With root PPSSPP at least can directly look at mnt/vendor/factory and play ROMs from there. Will have to see what other emulators can do so.

edit: Drastic, ReDream, Dolphin, Retroarch, even Hataroid, with magisk installed pretty much every emulator is just letting me back up out of the SD card into root, and from there into mnt/vendor/factory to load whatever from the fat32 side. Dolphin performance is still dire but everything else works amazing.
Very nice to know, thanks.

Duckstation for PSX (no core on Retroarch actually)
But I thought the Duckstation Libretro core was released for Android as well?

Last edited by lordelan,

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got this working in about 10 minutes, and now i have no idea what to use it for haha
lol... same here, but on the extreme side. I just built the tablet version a couple of weeks ago, using a VM. Building Android is so awful with 8GB of RAM that I actually bought another 16 for my desktop (so I could dedicate 16GB to the VM). Made a world of difference. So after spending hours and giving up, buying and installing more RAM (and cleaning out the dust bunnies from my PC while it was open), and a couple of more hours actually being able to build it to completion... I'm like "Ok. I did a thing". It runs. Haven't used it since. Not even to try this official release.

And... I'm still trying to gauge what would be better for me to play around with (between tablet and tv build), but I haven't seen much of an argument either way. Is there a thread where this discussion has taken place?

As a result of the RAM upgrade, I Fixed a USB problem with my PC after many months of noticing and not being able to nail down the cause. Issues after reconnecting everything prompted me to uninstall every USB device and hub from the Device Manager, and reboot. Windows reinstalled all of the drivers for the newly detected hardware, and now all is good :)

Last edited by urherenow,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very nice to know, thanks.

But I thought the Duckstation Libretro core was released for Android as well?

Id take the standalone either way, its had some pretty handy features added recently, including .chd support. Supports vulkan, up to 16x upscaling, a variety of filters, just to mention a few. Stand alone versions for android in most cases run better & just about always look better visually, aswell as being less demanding on hardware.

Reactions: lordelan

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question for everyone; is it possible to use Hekate as a bootloader and choose either to boot into stock or into Android? No EmuNAND or HOS software or anything like that.

I have no problem getting into Hekate but I don't know how to (or if it's possible to) boot into full stock SysNAND without requiring Atmosphere...

(Edit) for example, this is a template bootloader entry for stock in Hekate but it still boots with Fusee-secondary.bin:

{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
# This disables kernel patching and CFW kips.
# Includes exosphere and warmboot, ONLY when >= 7.0.0 and Erista.
# Includes exosphere on Mariko.
# Exosphere/warmboot are not identifiable as it is now.
# This is the closest to OFW, especially when AutoRCM is needed.

You need the latest Atmosphere folders, it still boots a pretty clean version of stock.
Ive used this method for ages and never been banned. If you want to boot stock from Autorcm without anything other than Android on your SD card your hekate.ipl needs to look something like this.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

I don't think its possible to boot into 100% unmodified Horizon from RCM. Don't know if it ever will be either.
If you wan't less folders the SX OS boot.dat also has Genuine Boot, and OFW options. I'm still unsure to how genuine boot is cleaner than than the older boot OFW for SX OS. Booting Horizon from Hekate though will always require Sept.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get this installed, will I still be able to install Nintendo Switch games and homebrew apps via my choice of installer?
I have found no documentation on this any were. Any help would be welcomed. I don't want to install this if I can't, thanks for the help guys.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I get this installed, will I still be able to install Nintendo Switch games and homebrew apps via my choice of installer?
I have found no documentation on this any were. Any help would be welcomed. I don't want to install this if I can't, thanks for the help guys.
Yes, it's dual boot, you can either start in Android and do Android things, or you can start in Horizon and do the normal Switch things you mentioned.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's dual boot, you can either start in Android and do Android things, or you can start in Horizon and do the normal Switch things you mentioned.

So in short, if I want to use android use lineage, but I want to play switch games stick with Atmosphere, got it. Thanks for the help :)

Reactions: hippy dave

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which Dolphin version and setting do you use to get decent performance for GC and Wii games?

Thx
I'm very interested about Dolphin as well. If it would play Mario Kart Wii full speed at some point in the future that would be awesome as it would allow me to play one of the custom mods with hundreds of courses like this one:

Oddly enough it seems to run amazingly well on L4T Ubuntu already:

BaffledBatsandSlother

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I already have a 512gb SD card that's got a ton of switch games on it, how much of a pain will it be to add a partition for android using the free space without having to delete and reinstall everything? If I create a partition will it wipe my SD card?

Last edited by BaffledBatsandSlother,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1