SwitchMii - switch2sneek mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by person66, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011

SwitchMii - switch2sneek mod by person66 at 7:05 PM (6,890 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. person66
    OP

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Well, I don't know if anyone will use this, I really just made it for myself, but maybe it will be useful for someone.

So, I made this because I'm extremely lazy, and I only use SNEEK to play games that have problems with current USB loaders (like Metroid Prime Trilogy), so I wanted to have an app that would switch me to sneek, and then put the files back to normal so that when I restart the wii it loads my regular NAND (I have bootmii as boot2, so it normally just loads SNEEK again).
    So thats why I made this, its basically switch2sneek that is completely automated (no need to push any buttons) and a few other improvements (UNEEK compatibility, uses bootmii as IOS, detects whether you are on emulated or regular nand automatically, and whether you are on SNEEK or UNEEK). When it is used in combination with priiloader (on emulated NAND) it achieves exactly what I wanted.

most of the code is still conanac's, I just changed a few lines here and there.

More info, and a Video

Download (with source & forwarder channel): SwitchMii - MediaFire

2. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    hey i like that

i ann another guy from the forums here are working on a usbloader for s/uneek at the moment

when done it will load channels -games extracted from discex and hopefully .wbfs files

so far we have it loading games in extracted form and then go back to system menu to play

also redid the sneek di so it recognizes .wbfs files and we are slowly progressing

this might come in handy yet our mod of sneek uses sorgs ios253

and i made a loader for it that launches either sneek or uneek

well ill check this out more later and get back to you might see if you can redo it to work with ios253 too

scooby74029

3. cladian

Newcomer cladian Member

Svalbard
    Hi,

I am trying to get this app to work because i've been searching for an app I can load from priiloader to boot into sneek and then back to the system menu. I understand your guide except for the blank file part. Could you explain that part a bit more, I have googled creating a blank file but nothing seems that relevant.

Thanks!

4. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I believe he means any document with the extension removed. This is a blank file.

exitmii.doc but if you remove the extension .doc it becomes a blank file which can't be opened untill its associated with a program. Hope this helps.

I may be wrong but this is my interpretation of a blank file. If you test it let me know [​IMG]

5. cladian

Newcomer cladian Member

Svalbard
    I managed to use this to switch from my regular nand to the sneek nand but it doesn't work for switching from my sneek nand back to my regular nand. I have a blank file called switchtosneek in the bootmii folder on the sd. However I am thinking that since the sneek nand is running from the sd that it would need to get instructions from another location. Is anyone else able to use this app properly? I would love to have my set up match what is done in the video.

6. person66
    OP

Canada
    I believe that if you are using SNEEK (not UNEEK) then you will have to compile it with SD card access enabled. If you don't know how to do this just PM me and I will send you the files.

EDIT: for the blank file you can just copy the 'switchtosneek' file and rename it to whatever

7. rykotxet

Newcomer rykotxet Newbie

Spain
    Hi. This app is just what I need, but I'm not able to make it work properly. It only works when I want to switch from real nand to uneek nand. When I try to switch from uneek nand to real nand I get a black screen and I have to hard-reset my Wii. After the reset, the switch isn't done.

My Wii has bootmii installed as boot2 and priiloader isn't installed. System Menu is 4.1E (and uneek emulated nand has the same). Uneek nand is clean (created with ModMii), so it hasn't any cIOS. "Switchtosneek" blank file is present at bootmii folder. In the emulated nand, I can load switchmii through the forwarder and from Homebrew Filter, but I get the same black screen anyways. Of course, I followed exactly the instructions of readme.txt, so... Any ideas about what could be wrong?

8. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Nice, say is this supposed to work with sneek-di?

9. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

10. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Quoting as answer, great [​IMG]

yes or no would be ok but I guess yes.

11. Captain_N

Member Captain_N GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got a SNEEK Channel that when launched boots SNEEK or UNEEK. Its a fowarder channel that boots bootmii ios. Just use a sd card with the SNEEK/UNEEK files and it will boot it.
    when you turn off the wii and power it on the wii will boot your real NAND

12. person66
    OP

Canada
    Doesn't work if you have bootmii as boot2, because then SNEEK/UNEEK just starts up when you turn your wii back on.

But I don't even use this anymore, after I found out about Sorg's IOS253, I just use that, and have the bootmii folder on my USB drive.

13. papermanzero

Member papermanzero GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Any update about switchmii?
    Is there a final release (maybe with UI) or is this version stable and final?

14. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Necropost btw, but modmii hold a stable version, wich can be thought of as the final one.

15. papermanzero

Germany
    No, Modmii doesn't contain switchmii.
    That's why I am asking. I like the project because it's the most simple way to change between emulated and real nand.

16. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    ModMii has a neek2o channel, containing the nswitch dol, which allows you to switch from real nand to emunand and vice versa. ModMii also supports switch2uneek, for users who want to be able to switch between multiple emunands running neek (not necessary for neek2o as you can switch between emunand from within neek2o).

IMHO, nswitch is better than any other method of launching neek, as it does not require a bootmii folder on the sd card. This means users with bootmii as boot2 can turn on their wii directly to real nand instead of always auto-loading neek. Also, users can keep the standard bootmii folder on their sd card and access bootmii via the HBC\priiloader\etc, while still being able to launch neek via nswitch. Lastly, it allows users to load uneek without requiring an sd card (may not be applicable to this topic as an sd card is always required for sneek)

17. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    it looks like you haven't heard of neek2o yet.

it has a channel to switch from real nand to uneek. (even without sd card in the wii)
    it has a channel to switch back from uneek to real nand.
    it has an option to switch between emulated nands on the fly. nands can reside in subfolders.
    the emulated nands don't need to be on the root.
    it can launch game backups in wbfs format.

18. mikefor20

Member mikefor20 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just use neek2o and nSwitch. Use modmii to build it. Neek2o is better than sneek. There is a channel too on the neek2o Google code page,

http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/

I switched after 2 years of uneek. There is a sneek equivalent too.

Check it out.

19. papermanzero

Germany
    Neek2o is not the use case I am searching for (that's what I am believing ^^, but maybe I am completely wrong)

I would like to boot the emulated nand like an application from the homebrew channel (e.g like mighty channel does).
    Mean, select an App in the Homebrew Channel in order to boot the nand. I don't want to use the "start Bootmii" Option in the homebrew channel, because I am using bootmii in parallel.
    If I reached the emulated nand I would like to exit the emulated nand as well (it's like to quit the app)

20. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    You are completely wrong. neek2o can work perfectly like that.