Switching save file on retail card

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Satetsu, Jun 26, 2009.

Jun 26, 2009
  1. Satetsu
    OP

Newcomer Satetsu Member

Poland
    I just wondering if something bad can happens when I'll do this:

1. Backup save file from retail Pokemon Pearl card
    2. Load that save on Pearl ROM
    3. Migrate Pokemon from Emerald to Pearl
    4. Write new save to the retail card

Can this mess up my original game? Or make any problems with loading save file? I will be using the same region version for that "trick" [​IMG]

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Simple, but not so simple...

Ok, first, you need One of these. Once you have one of those Action Replay DUOs, then you can use it to back up your save from your retail cart to your computer, using the software for said AR on your computer.

It'll be in .duc format, and you can convert it to your respective flash cart using this, right here. then just rename your save to your same name as your rom, keeping the ".sav" or ".0" extention.

for ex., if your Pokemon rom is named "Pokemon Pearl.nds", then the .sav needs to be the same thing, spaces and all, otherwise it wont work.

And of you want your save to go from your Flashcart to your cart, you can use this process backwards, ex. ".sav" converted in Shunyweb to ".duc" and inserted into the retail cart using Action Replay DUO.

I used this method to move my animal crossing: wild world save, and it worked fine [​IMG]

If you don't mind me asking, what FCart do are you using?

3. Satetsu
    OP

Newcomer Satetsu Member

Poland
    I don't wanted explanation how to switch saves because I know how to do but thanks anyway [​IMG]
    My Flashcard is AceKard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.4.1.

Anyone tested that "trick" with Pokemon games?

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Ok, well, if you know how to do it, then just do it! It won't harm your retail cart... as long as you know what you're doing [​IMG]