Hacking Switching from 10.3 2DS to 7.1 2DS - data transfer?

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys.

I want to switch from my 2DS with FW 10.3 to another 2DS with FW 7.1 with GW. On the 10.3 2DS I have ironhax installed which I want to continue using (although I know I could start the HBL via ninjhax).

I think I must transfer the data straight to the emunand, right?

In case I will use ninjhax for HB is there anything else I could benefit from transfering the data? I want to play online my backups as save as possible (without risking a ban). That's why I'm going to dump my games with GW and afaik all I need to do to play with them online is to rename them from TLoZ-TH.3ds to TLoZ-TH.3dz (since I dumped my original catridge, the private header must be in it, am I right?).

D

Deleted-236924

If you dumped them yourself then they have your private header, yeah.
Just make sure no-one else uses your legit cartridges on other 3DSes while you use your backups though.

Unless you absolutely want to move your NNID to your 2DS, I'd say just keep everything as-is. You may benefit from keeping ironhax on your 10.3 3DS, the exploitable 2DS will have -plenty- of other entry points available for you to access homebrew launcher within emunand if you ever need to.

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
I forgot to mention, I'm planning to use just the 7.1 2DS and sell the 10.3 2DS. My original catridges will remain secure :)

As far as I understood from the Nintendo HP I can only use one NNID per 3/2DS System. So that means, in order to play online, I will have to do a systemtransfer. Will the 2 2DS's need the same FW or can I do the transfer from 10.3 to 7.1 and after that do a NAND Backup? I use the same NNID also on my WiiU.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I forgot to mention, I'm planning to use just the 7.1 2DS and sell the 10.3 2DS. My original catridges will remain secure :)

As far as I understood from the Nintendo HP I can only use one NNID per 3/2DS System. So that means, in order to play online, I will have to do a systemtransfer. Will the 2 2DS's need the same FW or can I do the transfer from 10.3 to 7.1 and after that do a NAND Backup? I use the same NNID also on my WiiU.
You can transfer from 10.3 sysNAND to 10.3 emuNAND, that's the way you'll have to go, as the firmware versions need to be within certain ranges.
Firmware spoofing thread said:
Source : 3.0 <---> Target : 3.0
Source : 4.0-4.5 <---> Target : 4.0-4.5
Source : 5.0-6.3 <---> Target : 5.0-6.3
Source : 7.0-8.1 <---> Target : 7.0-8.1
Source : 9.0-9.5 <---> Target : 9.0-9.5
Source : 9.6-9.7 <---> Target : 9.6-9.7
Not sure what the ranges are for higher firmwares, but as you can see, a 7.1 console can only transfer to/from a console in the 7.0-8.1 range. So you'll have to transfer to an updated emuNAND.

You don't actually need an NNID to play online (and even if you did you can always make another one), so if there's nothing important linked to your NNID, like eShop purchases, you don't need to do the transfer. It's easier though as you keep your friends list and Mii Plaza save data etc.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

System transfer from sysnand to emunand is a bit finicky by the way. You will have to abort the system transfer on the 10.3 emunand once it "completed" because it won't be able to finish on its own. I'm not sure why.
But the NNID will be transferred along with all its licenses, and you'll be able to link it to the 10.3 emunand (if it didn't automatically link it), but you will have to re-download every games and apps from the eShop.

Make backups of your save files with svdt before you do so.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
System transfer from sysnand to emunand is a bit finicky by the way. You will have to abort the system transfer on the 10.3 emunand once it "completed" because it won't be able to finish on its own. I'm not sure why.
But the NNID will be transferred along with all its licenses, and you'll be able to link it to the 10.3 emunand (if it didn't automatically link it), but you will have to re-download every games and apps from the eShop.

Make backups of your save files with svdt before you do so.
I don't think he has to redownload everything. He should be able to just put the SD card in the 7.1 2DS after the transfer and it should recognize the data.

D

Deleted-236924

If the system transfer was able to complete properly, yes.
I system transferred from my 10.3 sysnand 3DS to my 10.3 emunand, it gave an error when trying to resume and finish the transfer after it rebooted. Looked it up online, said that was a problem with transferring to emunand and you had to abort system transfer. Then my 3DS told me system transfer was aborted and I'd have to redownload my stuff.
Even though the system transfer is aborted after the reboot, the NNID (along with its eShop licenses) is transferred before the reboot.
But because the system transfer wasn't fully completed, you can't just re-use the same SD card and have it work, you need to re-download it.

Not sure why sysnand to emunand transfer acts this way, but *shrug*

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up