Homebrew Switch won’t boot with hekate

xvistas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently i’m on 13.1.0 along with the latest atmosphere and hekate. so awhile ago i was playing my switch docked and it just crashed, gave weird artifacts on the screen along with a buzzing noise so i forcefully shut it off.

6615296D-6225-4398-B538-A5A55510AD33.pngB0DCA41D-5237-4D6C-B21F-E762B987EF99.png
here are some images of the screen artifacts. that was a month ago but it eventually started working again. every once and a while it would crash and i would just reinject hekate and it would boot. okay so last week i left my switch in the dock and didn’t play because i was busy with college stuff. then i tried to play and it had crashed. i assumed it was in rcm mode like always and tried injecting but my computer wasn’t recognizing it. i left it plugged up for a few days thinking maybe the battery had died. no signs of life at all so i opened it up and unplugged the battery, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in, put it back together, and put it on a charger for a few hours. plugged it into my computer, boom it’s in rcm mode.

6BB6DEDD-C357-4E20-AA22-47F7F855D809.jpeg335A537E-9053-46A4-8BEA-C3887CC4E7D6.jpeg
i try to inject hekate, and i get a black screen. if i inject fussee i get (left pic) if i inject a rcm test bin from the creator of hekate i get (right pic). i’ve tried different computers, different sd cards, different cables, and always get the same result. i can’t get into the system recovery mode because autorcm is enabled either so i can’t just wipe it.

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im not a pro, but given from what youve shown, id say your video chip is screwed.
Idk if youve spilt a liquid on the console, or possibly it was just faulty to begin with, but I would say it probably needs replacing.

xvistas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dropped it like once a year ago? i don’t think that would cause it really. no liquid has been spilled on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad