Switch will eventually update software from other local users.

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TheCyberQuake, Feb 24, 2017.

1. TheCyberQuake
    OP

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Just an interesting little tidbit I found today
    [​IMG]
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/27461...ate-data-exchange-between-local-users-my-nint

I'm NOT saying "hey guys this is guaranteed exploit lulz", and likely won't be exploitable at all. I'm guaranteeing they at least have it set up like download play on the 3ds which requires proper signatures to run.

This will be great for a few reasons. One situation I can see is bringing your switch to a convention, but you didn't install an update to your game before leaving. If your friends have the update you can still update the game and play with them (which may be needed as some games won't play multiplayer unless they are the same version.)

TheVinAnator likes this.
  2. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    That's kind of neat. Especially if you need both to be on the same version to play X game.

3. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    Good thing there arent any other nintendo players near me lol. fuck updates

4. TheCyberQuake
    OP

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    So far all we know is that software, ie games, can get updates from local users. Based on the fact it's an option I'm going to say it won't be a forced thing. Also doesn't tell us about firmware updates, but from what I've heard (I'll have to see if I can find a source) firmware upgrades will download in the background and supposedly install quickly. I'm sensing the use of a tubehax-like DNS for Switch soon after launch.

McWhiters9511 likes this.