Hardware Switch will eventually update software from other local users.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an interesting little tidbit I found today
switch-update-656x369.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/stories/27461...ate-data-exchange-between-local-users-my-nint

I'm NOT saying "hey guys this is guaranteed exploit lulz", and likely won't be exploitable at all. I'm guaranteeing they at least have it set up like download play on the 3ds which requires proper signatures to run.

This will be great for a few reasons. One situation I can see is bringing your switch to a convention, but you didn't install an update to your game before leaving. If your friends have the update you can still update the game and play with them (which may be needed as some games won't play multiplayer unless they are the same version.)

Reactions: Deleted-379826

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing there arent any other nintendo players near me lol. fuck updates
So far all we know is that software, ie games, can get updates from local users. Based on the fact it's an option I'm going to say it won't be a forced thing. Also doesn't tell us about firmware updates, but from what I've heard (I'll have to see if I can find a source) firmware upgrades will download in the background and supposedly install quickly. I'm sensing the use of a tubehax-like DNS for Switch soon after launch.

Reactions: McWhiters9511

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol