Tutorial  Updated

Switch Unbricking Guide - ProdInfo Fix (PikaFix)

This is an advanced tutorial.Follow this guide at your own risk. I am not responsible if you mess up your switch even more. This Tutorial has only been tested on a RCM Switch. This has not been tested on switch lite, oled or redbox mariko units with chips

The idea of this tutorial is to fix PikaBrick ergo PikaFix, however it can be used for any broken Prodinfo bricks.
This fix *** WILL NOT*** allow you to go online.
The provided files have already had Incognito pre-applied to them.
**METHOD 1 IS THE EASIEST**
Methods 2 and 3 will wipe your previous user partition.
Methods 2 and 3 are now deprecated

Requirements

To follow this tutorial you will need a few things:
ALL METHODS

Your bricked consoles biskeys - Obtain with lockpick_rcm
Your bricked RMC vulnerable switch
A computer/laptop
HacDiskMount or NXNandManager
Hekate Nyx
Atmosphere

Method 1
Prodinfo_Gen
Donor Prodinfo File (or use your own donor)

Methods 2 and 3 - DEPRECATED
PikaFix Pack from xbins or the mirror links (Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Mirror 3)
xbins file location - /SWITCH/PC based software/Utilities/pikabricker repair pack
My custom exosphere.bin file
NXNandManager (Method 2)
Etcher
TegraExplorer

This tutorial has three methods. Method 1 is recommended as Methods 2 and 3 are no longer updated.
Please follow your preferred method and following the appropriate booting section of the guide. I have written this guide as I was following the provided steps.

Before You Start

A few things before you start
  • Make a rawnand and boot0/1 backup, just in case, please? It's how you got into this mess in the first place.
  • Please read the guide carefully and if you have any questions ask them in the thread...

Repair Method 1DEPRECATED

1. Repair Method 1: ProdInfo_Gen + HacDiskMount OR NXNANDMANAGER

• Place the donor_prodinfo.bin on your microSD card in the switch folder (SD:/switch/donor_prodinfo.bin)
    • Put your switch in RCM
    • Inject prodinfo_gen.bin
    • Choose 'Build PRODINFO file from donor
    • Reboot to RCM
    • Inject the latest hekate (make sure you have all the hekate files on your microSD card)
    • Press Tools
    • Press USB Tools
    • Press SD Card
    • On your pc copy "generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin" in the switch folder your desktop
    • Eject your microSD Card
    • Turn 'Read Only' to off
    • Press eMMC RAW GPP
    • On your PC open your Nand Manager of choice, either HacDiskMount or NXNandManager, I'll be using the latter
    • Configure your keys from the prod.keys you got from your bricked console
    • Open physical drive and choose your switch's emmc
    • Highlight prodinfo
    • press restore
    • choose the bin you copied to your dekstop
    • resave your keyset
    • Close
    • boot atmosphere

2. Method 2Method 3

1. Nand Repair Method 2: NXNandManger + HacDiskMount

• Extract the contents of the PikaFix Pack archive to your desktop
      • Place the sept folder and hekate bootloader folder and the contents of the "to sd" folder in the PikaFix archive onto the root of your microSD card
      • Inject lockpick_rcm and run it to generate your prod.keys file
      • Place your switch into RCM and inject the hekate bin file
      • Navigate to Tools > USB Tools
      • Select "SD Card"
      • Open your mounted SD card and copy your prod.keys files from your sd card to your desktop
      • Eject your microsd card in windows
      • select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand) - Set read only to off
      • Open NXNand Manager
      • Press Ctrl+D or press File > Open Drive
      • Choose your nand
      • Press Ctrl+K or Click Options > Configure Keyset
      • Choose your prod.keys you copied to your desktop
      • Press Save
      • You will notice it will say Bad Crypto and Keyset Needed, this is normal.
      1. Click Prodinfo then click the following Icon View attachment 235857
      2. Choose Prodinfo.bin from the files you extracted
      3. Press yes on the restore prompt
      4. Close the transfer box
      • Repeat Steps 1 - 4 for the ProdInfoF, Safe and System Partitions
      • Do the same restore process for the BPKG2 partitions
      • Close NXNandManager
      • Run HacDiskMount as an Administrator
      • Open your mounted drive
      • Double click on system, install the driver and mount the partition to a drive letter
      • Navigate to the save folder and delete everything EXCEPT 8000000000000120
      • Unmount the drive
      • Close HacDiskMount and open Etcher
      • Unmount "eMMC RAW GPP" and Mount "BOOT 0" - you may need to unplug the switch from the usb and replug it to continue
        DO NOT CLICK FORMAT - Just close the popup box(s)
      • Choose the boot0.bin file from the Nand files on your desktop
      • Choose your mounted boot0 drive
      • Flash it
      • Repeat for Boot1
      • Reboot to RCM
      • Launch tegra explorer.bin
      • Navigate to the "_FWGEN" folder and run the systemRestore.te script and follow the on screen prompts
      • Reboot back to RCM and relaunch tegra explorer
      • Navigate back to the "_FWGEN" folder and this time run the systemwipe.te script and follow the on screen instructions
      • Reboot back to rcm
      • Proceed to boot section of guide

2. Nand Repair Method 3: HacDiskMount

• Extract the contents of the PikaFix Pack archive to your desktop
      • Place the sept folder and hekate bootloader folder and the contents of the "to sd" folder in the PikaFix archive onto the root of your microSD card
      • Inject lockpick_rcm and run it to generate your prod.keys file
      • Place your switch into RCM and inject the hekate bin file
      • Navigate to Tools > USB Tools
      • Select "SD Card"
      • Open your mounted SD card and copy your prod.keys files from your sd card to your desktop
      • Eject your microsd card in windows
      • select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand) - Set read only to off
      • Run HacDiskMount as an Administrator
      • Open your eMMC from physical drives
      • Open your prod.keys
      1. Double click Prodinfo
      2. Enter your biskeys
      3. Test them
      4. Save them
      5. Restore Prodinfo from the Prodinfo.bin file in Nand files on your desktop from the PikaFix files you extracted
      • Repeat steps 1-5 for ProdInfoF, Safe, and System Partitions
      • Double click on each of the BCPKG2 files and restore them from the provided files
      • Double click on system, install the driver and mount the partition to a drive letter
      • Navigate to the save folder and delete everything EXCEPT 8000000000000120
      • Unmount the drive
      • Close HacDiskMount and open Etcher
      • Unmount "eMMC RAW GPP" and Mount "BOOT 0" - you may need to unplug the switch from the usb and replug it to continue
        DO NOT CLICK FORMAT - Just close the popup box(s)
      • Choose the boot0.bin file from the Nand files on your desktop
      • Choose your mounted boot0 drive
      • Flash it
      • Repeat for Boot1
      • Reboot to RCM
      • Launch tegra explorer.bin
      • Navigate to the "_FWGEN" folder and run the systemRestore.te script and follow the on screen prompts
      • Reboot back to RCM and relaunch tegra explorer
      • Navigate back to the "_FWGEN" folder and this time run the systemwipe.te script and follow the on screen instructions
      • Reboot back to rcm
      • Proceed to boot section of guide

Booting Method 1

Download latest atmosphere and launch fusee.bin

Booting method 2 and 3

• Remount the microSD Card with hekate
    • Copy my modified exosphere.bin to your atmosphere folder on your microSD card
    • For launching with Hekate add the following line to your hekate_ipl.ini
    'secmon=atmosphere/exosphere.bin'​

[config]​
    autoboot=0​
    autoboot_list=0​
    bootwait=3​
    verification=2​
    backlight=100​
    autohosoff=1​
    autonogc=1​
    {-- Custom Firmwares --}​
    [HekAtmosphere]​
    fss0=atmosphere/package3​
    kip1patch=nosigchk​
    atmosphere=1​
    secmon=atmosphere/exosphere.bin​

• For launching with Fusee-primary add the following lines to atmosphere/config/BCT.ini (UPDATE FOR NEW RELEASE)

[stage2]
      exosphere = atmosphere/exosphere.bin
    BCT0​
    [stage1]​
    stage2_path = atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin​
    stage2_mtc_path = atmosphere/fusee-mtc.bin​
    stage2_addr = 0xF0000000​
    stage2_entrypoint = 0xF0000000​
    [stage2]​
    exosphere = atmosphere/exosphere.bin​

• Unmount your microSD card, and proceed to launch with your now working switch
Credits
SciresM and the ReSwitched team for Atmosphere
PabloZaiden for their deviceid exosphere builder
Rajkosto for HacDiskMount
Eliboa for NXNandManager
SuchMemeManySkill for eMMC Hacc Gen and TegraExplorer
CTCaer for Hekate
Shchmue for Lockpick_RCM
ScandalUK for Incognito_RCM
Anyone else who helped out on these projects
Linuxares for help with Method 2

Finally I would like to have a massive thanks to
Anonymous who donated their nand to me for experimenting with and saying it can be used publicly for this fix

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No I downloaded it from the thread I linked. From the tutorial:View attachment 345929

(With the donor_prodinfo.bin file being provided)
right sorry, just woken up, still gotta know if you have your prod.keys on your microsd card from lockpick_rcm?

If you do and you are still getting an issue, I would suggest posting as much detail as you can on the prodinfo_Gen github as an issue

ClementNerma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
I didn't run lockpick_rcm as the tutorial doesn't ask to do so, I don't have prod.keys either.

Is it actually needed?

EDIT: I just run it, selected the key dump from SysNAND (as there doesn't seem to be another option I can use?) and I get an error saying that it' "Unable to derive master keys for prod", and a bit after "Missing needed BISkeys. Skipping SD seed and titlekeys."

1672865832984.png

Post automatically merged:

So, a very kind user (who speaks the same native language) messaged me and linked me to a video that solved my problem. It involves a LOT of steps but I'm currently sitting at my desk with a fully working Switch Lite with firmware 15.0.0 \o/

Here is the video I used:

Note that, as the video states, it is ONLY for ENTIRELY BRICKED CONSOLES without ANY BACKUP available, not EVEN a corrupted one.

Last edited by ClementNerma,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't run lockpick_rcm as the tutorial doesn't ask to do so, I don't have prod.keys either.

Is it actually needed?

EDIT: I just run it, selected the key dump from SysNAND (as there doesn't seem to be another option I can use?) and I get an error saying that it' "Unable to derive master keys for prod", and a bit after "Missing needed BISkeys. Skipping SD seed and titlekeys."

View attachment 345932
Post automatically merged:

So, a very kind user (who speaks the same native language) messaged me and linked me to a video that solved my problem. It involves a LOT of steps but I'm currently sitting at my desk with a fully working Switch Lite with firmware 15.0.0 \o/

Here is the video I used:

Note that, as the video states, it is ONLY for ENTIRELY BRICKED CONSOLES without ANY BACKUP available, not EVEN a corrupted one.

Glad you got it running. Do you have the tldr of what fixed it?

ClementNerma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Glad you got it running. Do you have the tldr of what fixed it?

Yeah it's the whole process shown in the video actually. Took me 3~4h and the video doesn't explain all the different steps so it tells you to do some things but don't tell why.

Basically from what I understand this made me used a donor NAND to replace my old one, which also means I don't have a serial number on my console anymore (well, I have, but it's a blank one).

The video explains at the beginning that it's ONLY and ONLY for when you have absolutely no other way to unbrick your console and have absolutely zero backup, not even a corrupted one. Seems like it's an irreversible process.

But with that I know have a working Switch Lite with latest version of Atmosphere, firmware 15.0.0, and I can even install my commercial game backups, which is neat. Plus other homebrews obviously work fine.

Online is obviously impossible now, I can connect to the internet and use it to update homebrews for instance but I wouldn't ever risk to link a Nintendo account on this console as I suppose it would immediatly get banned.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah it's the whole process shown in the video actually. Took me 3~4h and the video doesn't explain all the different steps so it tells you to do some things but don't tell why.

Basically from what I understand this made me used a donor NAND to replace my old one, which also means I don't have a serial number on my console anymore (well, I have, but it's a blank one).

The video explains at the beginning that it's ONLY and ONLY for when you have absolutely no other way to unbrick your console and have absolutely zero backup, not even a corrupted one. Seems like it's an irreversible process.

But with that I know have a working Switch Lite with latest version of Atmosphere, firmware 15.0.0, and I can even install my commercial game backups, which is neat. Plus other homebrews obviously work fine.

Online is obviously impossible now, I can connect to the internet and use it to update homebrews for instance but I wouldn't ever risk to link a Nintendo account on this console as I suppose it would immediatly get banned.
Curious why the donor nand didn't work though initially.

I should probably re-brick my switch to test my own guide again 🙃

ClementNerma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Curious why the donor nand didn't work though initially.

I should probably re-brick my switch to test my own guide again 🙃

With your tutorial I wasn't able to run prodgen correctly, it was throwing the error I shown above. In the video it works with another, wayyyyy more complex procedure which somehow ended up working.

benten

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello all, i have follow all the steps but at the tegraexplorer steps, when i do the systemwipe, it stuck with an error about the album directory ( content dir deletion failed ) do you have an idea ? I specify that the original nand was totally dead, I followed the method 2. thanks a lot

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hello all, i have follow all the steps but at the tegraexplorer steps, when i do the systemwipe, it stuck with an error about the album directory ( content dir deletion failed ) do you have an idea ? I specify that the original nand was totally dead, I followed the method 2. thanks a lot

No idea sorry, you might need to generate all the normal partitions from scratch then use the generated prodinfo used in method 1

Spideytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello and thank you for the tuto and your try to save our switch
the method one didn't match for me, and in the second method i'm stopped with a fatal error on launching the restore script :
[FATAL] Variable 'setString' not found
Error occured on or near the line 1

any idea?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring up an old thread but was wondering what would happen if I pulled an emmc from a switch that I have and put it on the other. It’s not bricked per se but a kiosk switch. I have some donor switches lying around. Do I still follow the above steps?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to bring up an old thread but was wondering what would happen if I pulled an emmc from a switch that I have and put it on the other. It’s not bricked per se but a kiosk switch. I have some donor switches lying around. Do I still follow the above steps?

You can swap emmc modules out, so long as you have a backup of the working one or og with keys, you can restore it over the new one.

I did it with my dev nand I got. though I had to mess with partitions. it is possible

Ragna666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

If ya want to exit kiosk mode i do think you just need this: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade.html

Or in the better case you just need to launch cfw.
Or if you have v2,lite or oled, install a picofly in it.

Reactions: linuxares

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can I use this to fix 2123-0011?

Like can I use a donor from a banned switch and use it on a prodblanked switch? To fix the issue where any online connection causes the error to occur?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE