• Start date
  • Views 9,660
  • Replies 95

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're going to hack your console, a minimum knowledge on the subject is required no?

The minimum is lower for SX OS.

Although every tool in the community is clearly explained in details people still claim it's complicated?

That is like when people claim Linux is better than Windows. "I don't know why grandma can't patch and build her own kernel it's all clearly explained"

I rather think people went for TX at launch because there was no free solution at the time.

That is true for some people, but not for all.

If there was a collection of the free tools that included all the functionality of SX OS, then maybe now that china is churning out dongles + jigs then it would change.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You've missed out a whole bunch of steps there. It's only as simple if you lie.

I get why you want to lie.
SX OS:
1. Buy SX OS
2. Download .zip
3. Extract it to SD
4. Download payload
5. Download payloader (tegraRCM for example)
6. Push payload
7. Boot CFw
8. Activate license
9. CFW

Airplane mode SX OS:
1. Buy SX OS
2. Download .zip
3. Extract it to SD
4. Download payload
5. Download payloader (tegraRCM for example)
6. Push payload
7. Shut down the Switch
8. Move the request file to PC
9. Upload it to SX website
10. Get licence.dat
11. Put it on SD
12. Push payload
13. Boot CFW
14. CFW

Any other CFW in any mode:
1. Download .zip
2. Extract it to SD
3. Download payload
4. Download payloader (tegraRCM)
5. Push payload
6. Boot CFW
7. CFW

Where am I lying again?

Next time somehow support your claim, ok genius?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any other CFW in any mode:
1. Download .zip
2. Extract it to SD
3. Download payload
4. Download payloader (tegraRCM)
5. Push payload
6. Boot CFW
7. CFW

Where am I lying again?

Next time somehow support your claim, ok genius?

Wow, just wow.

You're lying about how easy it is to run your precious free tools. You have to click more buttons, you have to know more stuff, you have to trawl through forums and web pages etc learning.

Pushing payloads from where? From your phone, your PC, from the DIY dongle you made? Even running multiple payloads is simpler with SX Pro.

Unless you're going to be honest then there is no point in me continuing.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wow, just wow.

You're lying about how easy it is to run your precious free tools. You have to click more buttons, you have to know more stuff, you have to trawl through forums and web pages etc learning.

Pushing payloads from where? From your phone, your PC, from the DIY dongle you made?
Lol. You are trying so hard to prove me wrong xd.
You can continue trying, until you prove wrong what I wrote, because that's how it is.

Pushing payloads from where? From your phone, your PC, from the DIY dongle you made? Even running multiple payloads is simpler with SX Pro.

Unless you're going to be honest then there is no point in me continuing.
That same can be said about sx os as well.
How do you push it? PC? Android? Dongle? How?
But you can keep trying...

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He's probably confusing SX OS with the SX Pro bundle, which shows how little he knows about the subjects he's talking about.
(Note, there is nothing wrong with selling hardware such as a dongle, the problem with TX lies somewhere else.)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol. You are trying so hard to prove me wrong xd.
You can continue trying, until you prove wrong what I wrote, because that's how it is.

I've proved you wrong, you don't accept it. You're beyond hope.

I was obviously talking about SX Pro the whole time, I mentioned it at least once.

He's probably confusing SX OS with the SX Pro bundle, which shows how little he knows about the subjects he's talking about.
(Note, there is nothing wrong with selling hardware such as a dongle, the problem with TX lies somewhere else.)

No confusion.

The biggest problem with TX is they aren't copying the code well enough and make mistakes.

I think you started another flame war, I really don't see the point of this thread except for triggering SX lovers.

And the TX haters.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've proved you wrong, you don't accept it. You're beyond hope.

I was obviously talking about SX Pro the whole time, I mentioned it at least once.

Wow, I specifically said SX Pro & was obviously discussing SX Pro the whole time.

Typical anti TX propaganda.
Where did you prove me worng?

And I was discussing bare SX OS as you can see from what I wrote.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where did you prove me worng?

I proved that you continuously lie about how simple free software is compared to SX Pro by missing out all the extra steps needed for free stuff.

By lying you conceded that you were wrong. I understand it will be hard to admit you were wrong and lied.

And I was discussing bare SX OS as you can see from what I wrote.

My original point was: "So you can just buy a package somewhere, put an xci on an sdcard, insert the dongle & jig, press buttons, select from menu and play?"

SX Pro is "a package", downloading files and making a dongle or buying one separate is not "a package".

I guess free software still isn't as simple then, no matter how much you pretend it is.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I proved that you continuously lie about how simple free software is compared to SX Pro.
Show me where and how I lied...

My original point was: "So you can just buy a package somewhere, put an xci on an sdcard, insert the dongle & jig, press buttons, select from menu and play?"

SX Pro is "a package", downloading files and making a dongle or buying one separate is not "a package".

I guess free software still isn't as simple then, no matter how much you pretend it is.
You can buy atmosphere dongle or R4s (dongle once it is released) and use jig $ dongle as well.

So, buying SX dongle and then downloading all the files is a package,
but buying a dongle and then downloading all the files is not "a package"? Makes sense.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Show me where and how I lied...

You lied because you consistently simplify the free software....

Nope. You download the package. Download NSP and install. Simple as SX OS.

NSP don't install by magic, you have to select options etc. That makes it less simple. You might think that for the price it's worth it, there are people in every console generation that disagree.

You can buy atmosphere dongle or R4s (dongle once it is released) and use jig $ dongle as well.

You can, but switching payloads with those is not so simple. ns-atmosphere has quality issues with their flashing software worse than TX, there is no way to contact them for support.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You lied because you consistently simplify the free software....
Prove that it's harder.

NSP don't install by magic, you have to select options etc. That makes it less simple. You might think that for the price it's worth it, there are people in every console generation that disagree.
So, installing NSP once is worse than each time, when you want to play XCI, you have to go to the loader, select title, load it and then start playing it? Ok, whatever floats your boat.

You can, but switching payloads with those is not so simple. ns-atmosphere has quality issues with their flashing software worse than TX, there is no way to contact them for support.
it's still a dongle with more functionality. Xecuters dongle also aren't perfect as some arrive defective that they won't even charge.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, installing NSP once is worse than each time, when you want to play XCI, you have to go to the loader, select title, load it and then start playing it? Ok, whatever floats your boat.

NSP is worse the first time & you have to select it from the menu still. If you want to remove it because your menu is too full, then it's harder than XCI again.

it's still a dongle with more functionality.

Both inject payloads, what more functionality does it have? Does the extra functionality make it less or more simple?

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
NSP is worse the first time & you have to select it from the menu still. If you want to remove it because your menu is too full, then it's harder than XCI again.

Both inject payloads, what more functionality does it have? Does the extra functionality make it less or more simple?
How is it harder? To delete XCI you have to do the same to delete NSP.
And yes, you have to select the NSP first time, but you have to always select the XCI (unless you are playing only one game for the rest of your life).

Extra functionality - you can use any payload you want. So still simple, but with more options (which is pointless tbh because SX payload and hekate can load payloads anyway).
Also, you can store the jig in it...

And I beg you. Prove me wrong that it is hard to install non-SX OS CFW.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That is subjective, but if you buy a SX Pro then you can get starting without learning as much.
WTF.
No proof, once again. Yet you accused me of lying in like 5 posts.
Really, like what the hell.

And you can start "without learning as much" with any other CFW as well, no matter if you have a dongle or not.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the feeling of reading a thread about a device you own and seeing it devolve into alt-right rhetoric. GBAtemp, what's happening to you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative