Hacking Switch soft bricked?

Tydus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my brother tried to update his switch a couple of months back using choidujour(around the time links awakening released) and couldn't boot his switch past the nintendo boot screen. I got it to go into rcm but when i rebooted the switch it just stayed in a black screen. When i put it in the charger and it'll sometimes show the battery charging icon on the upper left hand corner and i can get it into rcm again after that but if the switch powers down its over. I was going to follow this guide:switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade thinking maybe it would work. But is it even worth it or is the switch pretty much bricked?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Switch is almost never bricked if you have access to rcm and you haven't done any hardware damage. What payloads/cfw you use? What firmware ver. do you have now? How many fuses burnt? Do you have nand backup?

Last edited by bad361,

vMasked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So my brother tried to update his switch a couple of months back using choidujour(around the time links awakening released) and couldn't boot his switch past the nintendo boot screen. I got it to go into rcm but when i rebooted the switch it just stayed in a black screen. When i put it in the charger and it'll sometimes show the battery charging icon on the upper left hand corner and i can get it into rcm again after that but if the switch powers down its over. I was going to follow this guide:switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade thinking maybe it would work. But is it even worth it or is the switch pretty much bricked?

Mate I had the exact same issue last night. If you can get into the RCM boot menu again somehow, turn off AutoRCM! Try launch CFW and then restart.

Might not be helpful, but this is what caused my issue after updating.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Mate I had the exact same issue last night. If you can get into the RCM boot menu again somehow, turn off AutoRCM! Try launch CFW and then restart.

Might not be helpful, but this is what caused my issue after updating.
What does it have to do with autoRCM? If the switch is in RCM, just push any payload... I suspect that you have no clue what you are talking about. AutoRCM just puts you switch in RCM mode on every boot automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do have webos