Switch slowdown issue

ItchyPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys, I haven’t seen this problem posted online but it seems my Switch is loading games slower than usual. This is the background:
I accidentally upgraded to 17.0.0 back when it didn’t have support so I downgraded with Daybreak.
After the downgrade I used the appropriate Atmosphere at the time and when 17.0.0 became supported I upgraded it once more and downloaded the latest Atmosphere. To my surprise after doing this I noticed that my Switch was loading the games slower than usual, even without the CFW, booting the game in either Vanilla or CFW made my games load like this, noticed this while playing Smash Ultimate and recently Mario Wonder and RPG.

Is this a known issue? Does anybody know what could be causing this and a possible solution? Thanks in advance!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would suggest you boot Hekate and see if it reports any read and write fails. It just might be so simple that the sd card is starting to go bad and you need a new one.

ItchyPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I would suggest you boot Hekate and see if it reports any read and write fails. It just might be so simple that the sd card is starting to go bad and you need a new one.
Hmm thanks will do! Oh also forgot to mention it seems the battery is swollen as the back of the Switch looks like it may be, would this also affect performance? I’m getting the battery replaced but just wanted to make sure it’s something else

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm thanks will do! Oh also forgot to mention it seems the battery is swollen as the back of the Switch looks like it may be, would this also affect performance? I’m getting the battery replaced but just wanted to make sure it’s something else
Oh nonono! Please if you can and have the tools, open it! You need to remove it asap and yes that can be a cause. But for your safety remove it and despose of it.

They swell as a protection mechanism

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto