Switch Save Data Unmovable??

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Skeet1983, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    According to an article on IGN, it appears that game save data will be stored internally and can't be transferred/moved to an SD card. To me, this sounds bad as far as hacking potential goes... Thoughts?

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Expected, as the system itself its a mobile/portable system, there is no need to extract the data to a SD card.

migles likes this.
  3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I sure hope the saves are a lot smaller than on the Wii U, my internal memory is about full just with saves.

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Nintendo may have learned from their mistakes in allowing exploits.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    every news about new consoles will have the "hack" word now? i should create a game, like a drinking game about it...

anyway, i am glad the saves are stored inside the device, no more shit crap about dead sd cards and very lower change of loosing the saves...
    the saved don't take that much... just hope nintendo now doesn't even allow backup of them

6. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Hummmm.
    Well i guess they are learning. This is a bit of a downsode since you cant backup your saves and if you run out of internal space yout have to start deleting stuff.
    Wont effect me since i got an sd card so internal will be for saves and external for games.

7. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Very smart for Nintendo. If this does pan out, it will be more difficult for exploits to crop up. Now, like we learned from cubic ninja, there is always potential for a primary exploit. even just to run in userland, we could dump saves and do that kind of stuff.