Hardware Switch Not Charging or Fully Booting on OFW - Next Debugging Steps

WeldFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I was curious if someone could point me in the right direction as to how I could debug my Switch further.

After not using the Switch for several months, it would not charge using the official charger or dock.
The Switch pulls 0.6 Watts when plugged in directly to the charger and when the dock is used causes the green light to blink rapidly.

Upon manually charging the battery and starting the Switch normally, I get 'Error Code: 2101-0001' after the Switch logo.

After some research on the forums it appears that this can be caused by a port failure, or several internal ICs being damaged.
  • The USB-C port looks fine, there are no damaged pins visually and checking the power/ground test points inside seem to be correct.
  • I'm able to boot to RCM which I have read indicates that the M92T36 IC is functional.
  • A Hekate battery info report seems to report constant and normal battery status from my perspective
With this information, my next leads seem to be either the BQ24193 chip or the P13USB. I'm not sure how to debug either of these.

Does anyone know how to test these? Could either of these being damaged produce that error in OFW? Is there any CFW that could force a boot past that error?

WeldFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On further inspection, this capacitor seems to be shorted out. Does this mean that the M92T36 chip is dead?
upload_2019-7-19_17-41-23.png

WeldFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are really small!
After practicing a bit on other circuit boards, I was able to replace the M92T36 without damaging the other components from what I can tell.
The short had been fixed; however, I still get the same error code.

Could this be from me damaging the IC or a bad IC was sent?
I'm unable to find any other capacitor shorts on the board to indicate that other ICs are broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night