Hardware Switch not booting into OFW

DiamondFire11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody got an issue that I hope you all can help me with. A while ago a friend of mine accidentally liquid damaged his V1 Switch. I have been able to repair the power systems on the logic board and as far as I know, it powers up (460 mA when charging). I can boot into Hekate just fine. Unfortunately, his NAND was destroyed when the Switch was damaged. I have several spare NAND boards from donor boards. I followed a guide to essentially rebuild the NAND using a donor rawnand.bin and the console's prod.keys which I was able to extract in Hekate using Lockpick_RCM. When I attempt to boot into OFW it shows the Nintendo logo for a second or two then the screen goes black and the Switch shuts down. Also, I do not know if this is important but when I attempt to run Lockpick_RCM it tells me Keyblobs 0-5 are corrupt all other keys were extracted.

Basic info:
SKU: Erista
Burnt fuses (ODM 7/6): 11 (FW 9.0.0-9.0.1) I used FW 9.0.0
AutoRCM: On (I intend to disable this when I can boot into the OFW)
Checked BOOT0 & BOOT1 in NxNandManager both report OK

UPDATE:
I updated my friend on the status of the Switch and he told me that not booting into the FW issue was a common occurrence prior to being damaged by liquid. He has told me that it started about 2 months after he bought the Switch.

Last edited by DiamondFire11,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
As far as I know, you can't boot into OFW when you use a NAND from another Switch because the OFW checks the NAND with the serial from the Tegra cpu.
This doesn't match up because the donor Switch has another serial number.

DiamondFire11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you can't boot into OFW when you use a NAND from another Switch because the OFW checks the NAND with the serial from the Tegra cpu.
This doesn't match up because the donor Switch has another serial number.

See I was hoping to rebuild the NAND using the proper firmware version, my friend's prod.keys, a new PRODINFO from scratch for his Switch (this generates a blank serial), and encrypting the new rawnand.bin with the prod.keys would be enough to overcome this. I have never had a NAND die before (his original is internally shorted to ground) thus making this is the first time I have tried a NAND swap. But I figure it should be possible seeing as people solder larger NAND flash chips to their Switches. I haven't tried to boot into any CFW like Atmosphere yet. I am back in the shop today so I may give that a try after I get through my queue.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have NAND backup from the original NAND EMMC, then you can't do much, you need original NAND backup to move to another NAND EMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing