Switch not accepting payloads

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Tralphy, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Tralphy
    OP

Tralphy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United States
    So i have 2 switches both hackable, both running sx os. Last night on my 5.1.0 switch it crashed while playing snes games. didnt think anything of it. anyways this morning i tried to boot it up and play some more but it would not accept a payload from my dongle i thought weird maybe its not charged. ok. go to charge it and it is not charging. ok dongles broken oh well i have a pc. i trired to launch the payload from my pc still no dice. Now i dont know where the problem lies. i cant test the dongle on my other switch because i have the trinket installed onto the mainboard. Should i just put a trinket on my other switch too. I wont even know if that would work since its not accepting payloads of any kind now.

2. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2017
    Germany
    Have you done the forceshutdown?
    What kind of payloads did you try other than sxos?
    Do you get RCM?
    Can you boot OFW?

3. Tralphy
    OP

Tralphy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United States
    so i narrowed it down to the dongle now. Was succesful in launching sx os after redownloading boot.dat. Am only aloud to launch from pc tho seems to me that my dongle is broken. or the software on it is corrupt.

4. deliverator

deliverator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States
    i sometimes have trouble with my dongle as well. twice already where it didn't boot the payload. i made sure I hard shutdown my switches and then made sure the dongle's capacitors had sufficient charge. i can also use my android phone to send the payload as well as TegraRCMSmash. you're not complete out of luck if your dongle doesn't work.

5. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    Just a hunch, but because I don't see this issue just happening randomly if you're using a dongle and jig normally, I'm willing to bet it has 110% to do with the whole "trinket installed onto the mainboard" part... I'd start by looking into that further...

6. Tralphy
    OP

Tralphy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    United States
    no the trinket that is installed is on my second switch

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i think my capasator blew in the dongle it wont charge when plugged in

7. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Can you connect to the dongle (boot to horizon, double-click reset button, connect to PC)?

Never mind. Your trinket seems to work, but you tx pro doesn't.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Sep 21, 2018
  8. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2017
    Germany
    Are popping caps a thing in TX dongles? Quite a qualitiy product.

9. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    yes. Not common, but can happen.