Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

bennnzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hoping if someone could help me.
I followed this guide to set up Atmosphere on my Switch (which is currently running SX OS) using a brand new 256gb microsd.

However, when launching Atmosphere emuMMC, I get this "Unknown pkg1 version. /Failed to launch HOS!" error.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
5) Always check before on GBAtemp if it is safe to update.
Alright, thanks for your help! I feel a lot more certain about how to proceed now.

About 5.), though... I have been offline for so long now that I'm not sure how much control you have about Nintendo's firmware updates. Can it possibly happen that I leave my Switch on standby and the next time I pick it up it already automatically updated the firmware? Or when it informs me about an update while it is in use - do I have a chance to cancel it? Any recommended precautions like always turning on flight mode before standby?

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi!
So...Switch Lite...in short... is it fully hacked? Like backup games, homebrew, emulators, custom themes, custom OS's etc.?

I'm planing on getting one so i'm interested.

Also what are prices for NEW and USED ones in your country? :switch:

Thanks!

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can hack unpatched unit any firmware, and patched unit up to 4.1.0 firmware.
I didnt understoon what youre saying exactly, but i was just interested at what level curent hacking scene is, what works and what not etc...
Youre saying Lite is not hacked at all, so i was wondering how about original switch and newer model of original? :)

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt understoon what youre saying exactly, but i was just interested at what level curent hacking scene is, what works and what not? :)

Fusee Gelee exploit via RCM mode, are exploitable units are known as unpatched unit, they can be exploited on any firmware, patched unit as in Non Fusee-Gelee exploitable unit are exploitable via software base entry point up to firmware 4.1.0 for now.

Last edited by Hayato213,

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Fusee Gelee exploit via RCM mode, are exploitable units are known as unpatched unit, they can be exploited on any firmware, patched unit as in Non Fusee-Gelee exploitable unit are exploitable via software base entry point up to firmware 4.1.0 for now.
I still dont get what youre saying, im not familiar with terms, and i dont own a switch, and since this is a noob thread..well..you can see why i dont get any of that haha :lol:

As i said, im interested in simple english, what works and what not. For example on 3ds backups work, homebrew etc.... not to get to technical:yay3ds:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still dont get what youre saying, im not familiar with terms, and i dont own a switch, and since this is a noob thread..well..you can see why i dont get any of that haha :lol:

As i said, im interested in simple english, what works and what not. For example on 3ds backups work, homebrew etc.... not to get to technical:yay3ds:

I already explained to you, you need to understand what unpatched and what patched units are, that how you determined if they are exploitable or not, anyway switch lite and Mariko unit the one with better battery life aren't exploitable yet either.

mstephens1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In most basic terms, if you go and buy new stock at Walmart or somewhere, there is a very high probability that it is not exploitable with current exploits.

chopaxepiece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey All,

Well i guess this is the right thread for my question.
I've not installed any CFW since the old Wii and PS3 days so i'm a little rusty has I've not kept upotdate with it all.
My daughter wants a switch and i can pick one up for around £150 off a friend. Its on update 9.01 but was purchased over 12 months ago.
What are my options with regards to installing software/cfw to play games I've sourced elsewhere?
Playing online isn't really a big thing either has it'll be mainly games like Mario, donkey kong etc she'll be playing

Thanks in advance for your help

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

Well i guess this is the right thread for my question.
I've not installed any CFW since the old Wii and PS3 days so i'm a little rusty has I've not kept upotdate with it all.
My daughter wants a switch and i can pick one up for around £150 off a friend. Its on update 9.01 but was purchased over 12 months ago.
What are my options with regards to installing software/cfw to play games I've sourced elsewhere?
Playing online isn't really a big thing either has it'll be mainly games like Mario, donkey kong etc she'll be playing

Thanks in advance for your help
You need to check the serial number to see if it's unpatched. If it's patched and on 9.x, then it's currently unhackable.
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ran the serial number
Says Hoorayyy your console is not patched
Says possible firmware out of box is 3.0.2

Whats my options now?
If you don't care about online play, I recommend the following steps:
  1. Get a jig of some sort (a paperclip works nicely) and a USB-C cable if you don't already have one.
  2. Make sure your microSD card is formatted as FAT32.
  3. Boot into RCM on the Switch, connect it to your PC, and launch Hekate using TegraRcmGUI
  4. Make a NAND backup with Hekate, including BOOT0/1. Store it somewhere safe, preferably on the cloud. If you have nothing installed on the Switch, the NAND backup can probably be compressed very well.
  5. Use Hekate to install AutoRCM if you no longer want to use a jig (e.g. the paperclip) to enter RCM
  6. Install Incognito_RCM to prevent your Switch from being banned. This will block all connections to Nintendo's online services.
  7. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  8. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  9. Download these signature patches
  10. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  11. Download HBG
  12. Add just the /switch/tinfoil folder from HBG to your SD card
  13. Put the SD into your Switch
  14. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  15. Launch HBG and download the games, updates, and DLC you want
  16. Add JITS to HBG if you need missing first-party titles
Notes: You must boot into RCM and launch fusee-primary each time you want to boot into CFW after completely powering off your system. To avoid this, it is very highly recommended you keep your Switch in sleep mode and docked whenever it's not being used. You can update your system version by using ChoiDujourNX, but you will always need to wait for Atmosphere (and signature patches) to be updated to support new system versions first.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: chopaxepiece

Qaaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok I have a question.

I have 2 Switch. One Classic on 3.0.1 and a second one (with new chipset) on latest firmware. I have aldready Kosmos Atmosphere and such on the old one. I want to use Pkhex on my Sword game but the 3.0.1 Switch needs an update. I have already a clean Sysnand back up. Should I use choiDujourNX to update on a OFW so I can use the Sword and afterwards downgrade back on 3.0.1 or should I permanently update to latest firmware? Netherless as far as I know Atmosphere still runs on latest firmware.

What I do?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a question.

I have 2 Switch. One Classic on 3.0.1 and a second one (with new chipset) on latest firmware. I have aldready Kosmos Atmosphere and such on the old one. I want to use Pkhex on my Sword game but the 3.0.1 Switch needs an update. I have already a clean Sysnand back up. Should I use choiDujourNX to update on a OFW so I can use the Sword and afterwards downgrade back on 3.0.1 or should I permanently update to latest firmware? Netherless as far as I know Atmosphere still runs on latest firmware.

What I do?
If you don't care about future exploits on the older Switch, it is safe to update to 9.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX. If you want to preserve your fuse count so you can downgrade to 3.0.1 someday in the distant future when a new exploit is released, you can install AutoRCM during the 9.1.0 update process with ChoiDujourNX.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I already explained to you, you need to understand what unpatched and what patched units are, that how you determined if they are exploitable or not, anyway switch lite and Mariko unit the one with better battery life aren't exploitable yet either.
Never mind, but thanks! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In most basic terms, if you go and buy new stock at Walmart or somewhere, there is a very high probability that it is not exploitable with current exploits.
Which one? there are 3 models of switch as i know....

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting an error when i boot up hakate 5.1.1 on my switch ,
panick occured while running atmosphere
title ID: 010041544D530000
can some one please help??
Delete the folder named after that title ID from your SD card.

Hoping if someone could help me.
I followed this guide to set up Atmosphere on my Switch (which is currently running SX OS) using a brand new 256gb microsd.

However, when launching Atmosphere emuMMC, I get this "Unknown pkg1 version. /Failed to launch HOS!" error.
Try following this guide instead.

microbytemob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello , i as wondering if anyone can help me please, i have a rcm loader, and just bought a sx os license , i did the keycode on xecuter website all been it through a proxy as i am in uk and xecuter website is blocked over here, i get a success page and a download of the license.dat, however after putting it on sd card , then rebooting sx os, i get a error saying oh no the licence on your microsd card is invalid for this switch console. Does anyone know why this is happening at all, it is a brand new sd card, i have even tried 3 other sd cards all with the same issue. any help would be appreciated thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle