Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DrVollKornBrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need help. I got a used Switch, it was on 8.0.0.
There still is a profile with linked Nintendo Account on it, i didn't remove it (Afaik it can't be removed offline).
I modded it (i modded 2 switches before without issues) and now it runs on 8.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.8.10.

I installed a few NSP but they won't start. Only a few games work (YoshisCW and NSMBUD i.e.), but the majority of Games now says:
"Checking wheter this software can be played...", and after a few seconds "Could not connect to the internet."

My guess is that the Switch is checking for account sharing because there still is a Nintendo account linked.
I can't even factory reset, because the account won't unlink while it's offline.

How do i solve this? Is the linked Nintendo account even the problem?
I have a Nand backup, so i could restore it to pre-cfw, go online, update to 8.0.1, unlink the account and try if that works... but i'd like to avoid that. Would that even be safe?

Last edited by DrVollKornBrot,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need help. I got a used Switch, it was on 8.0.0.
There still is a profile with linked Nintendo Account on it, i didn't remove it (Afaik it can't be removed offline).
I modded it (i modded 2 switches before without issues) and now it runs on 8.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.8.10.

I installed a few NSP but they won't start. Only a few games work (YoshisCW and NSMBUD i.e.), but the majority of Games now says:
"Checking wheter this software can be played...", and after a few seconds "Could not connect to the internet."

My guess is that the Switch is checking for account sharing because there still is a Nintendo account linked.
I can't even factory reset, because the account won't unlink while it's offline.

How do i solve this? Is the linked Nintendo account even the problem?
I have a Nand backup, so i could restore it to pre-cfw, go online, update to 8.0.1, unlink the account and try if that works... but i'd like to avoid that. Would that even be safe?

reinstall them?

drag0nscythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting some clarification about my switch. I have a switch with the model number XAJ7007XXXXXXX. This tells me that the switch is most likely patched. Currently I am running 7.0.1 firmware.

Is there a point to stay here? Reading the forms, it seems that without the exploit, not much one can do to hack the switch. (At least at the moment)

Sethtimus Prime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting some clarification about my switch. I have a switch with the model number XAJ7007XXXXXXX. This tells me that the switch is most likely patched. Currently I am running 7.0.1 firmware.

Is there a point to stay here? Reading the forms, it seems that without the exploit, not much one can do to hack the switch. (At least at the moment)
Unless you need to play online or access the shop, might as well keep it low in case an exploit is discovered.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make the screen not shut down by inactivity when installing an NSP via SX OS or Goldleaf?
Disable Auto-Sleep in the System Settings.

hello dear community,
I have a specific question about my switch with cfw.
I ran my switch (8.0.1) with atmosphere (8.10) lately and everything worked fine, I successfully installed a nsp file (NSMBU DELUXE) via goldleaf (0.5).
The icon appeared on my home menu and I wanted to start the software. however, then came the message "checking if this user can play this software" and then "this user can not play this software, you can buy it on the e-shop". at first I thought it would be a problem with the signature patches, but that does not seem to be the case.
I have no idea what to do next.
it would be great if someone could help me ... thanks in advance!
Atmosphere lacks the patches to launch backups. Use a CFW like ReiNX which comes with the patches by default.

HSTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently switched from cfw to ofw (via clean nand restore) because I wanted to play mhgu online with my friend. I heard that emunand for non SX OS will be a thing in the near future and when that happens I want to get cfw back on my switch. So here's my question. If I make a second nand backup now, will it be considered clean?

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when these updates are 23 gb at a time whats the best method for installing with a sd card 128gb or so? seems you cant have a game and update and install another update run outta room. unless my nand is hidden like i mentioned and if i cleared that up it would free up another 30 gb or so letting me accomplish this..

does ANYONE know how to format an sd card and it format the hidden nand too so you can USE the space
it says it formats 119 gb but it only lets you access like 80~ because of this hidden portion still not usable after format it seems..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when these updates are 23 gb at a time whats the best method for installing with a sd card 128gb or so? seems you cant have a game and update and install another update run outta room. unless my nand is hidden like i mentioned and if i cleared that up it would free up another 30 gb or so letting me accomplish this..

does ANYONE know how to format an sd card and it format the hidden nand too so you can USE the space
it says it formats 119 gb but it only lets you access like 80~ because of this hidden portion still not usable after format it seems..

Buy a larger SD card, if you delete the hidden partition you lose your emunand, to delete the hidden partition go delete it in computer management, disk management.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently switched from cfw to ofw (via clean nand restore) because I wanted to play mhgu online with my friend. I heard that emunand for non SX OS will be a thing in the near future and when that happens I want to get cfw back on my switch. So here's my question. If I make a second nand backup now, will it be considered clean?
Yes.

iluvfuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my switch through choiDujourNX. It says to choose either 8.0.1 or 8.0.1 (exFat). In the guide I used https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualupgrade it says to choose exfat. But my sd card is fat32 now and earlier in the guide it never had me format to fat32 I only did that with the answer I got from here. So is my assumption right that I choose the non exfat one because my sd card is fat32?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my switch through choiDujourNX. It says to choose either 8.0.1 or 8.0.1 (exFat). In the guide I used https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualupgrade it says to choose exfat. But my sd card is fat32 now and earlier in the guide it never had me format to fat32 I only did that with the answer I got from here. So is my assumption right that I choose the non exfat one because my sd card is fat32?

Choose exfat even though your card is on FAT32.

Reactions: iluvfuzz

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh okay thanks!
Also is it wise to back up saves before I update to the newest firmware? I think I saw a program called checkpoint that I can do it with. I just don't want to lose saves. I've heard people have nsps get corrupted.

8.0.x does have some problem with poorly converted NSP being not working, so you might to reinstall some, get your firmware from that darth site, google it can't link.

Reactions: iluvfuzz

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a larger SD card, if you delete the hidden partition you lose your emunand, to delete the hidden partition go delete it in computer management, disk management.
I don't give a shit about the emunand it doesn't even work at this point I've already upgraded fw and all. I went In disk management before posting this I see one partition 119 gb totally formatted I don't see any thing to delete or change .

This is super annoying. Again how do I delete the thing entirely format didn't work and disk management shows one partition 119 gb yet when I boot the dam thing up it still shows emunand enabled and it doesn't even.work now as I said so I need the shit gone.

Lastly what's the largest drive sx os works with externally I need one of those to avoid this nonsense . It takes forever moving these files on and off the sd

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't give a shit about the emunand it doesn't even work at this point I've already upgraded fw and all. I went In disk management before posting this I see one partition 119 gb totally formatted I don't see any thing to delete or change .

This is super annoying. Again how do I delete the thing entirely format didn't work and disk management shows one partition 119 gb yet when I boot the dam thing up it still shows emunand enabled and it doesn't even.work now as I said so I need the shit gone.

Lastly what's the largest drive sx os works with externally I need one of those to avoid this nonsense . It takes forever moving these files on and off the sd

2TB is the limit, you need to re-partition the whole card since the 30GB or so is set to hidden, you have to delete that and repartition the whole card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2