strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. Still up from what I can see.
Post automatically merged:

I didn’t realize there was a corruption message. If you have only two games installed it is probably easier to back everything up, format the SDCard and start from scratch. if you need to backup your game saves before you format with Hekate you can use JKSV.
Would this resolve the "Nintendo Account" issue that my switch is experiencing so that I can actually start playing games again?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting from a formatted SDCard is a fast and easy way to get back to square one.

if you don’t have a guide to follow I recommend this one:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Should I just create a new SD card or rehack the old switch? If I end up rehack the switch, if I use Tegra, what payload is recommended. I still have fusee.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just create a new SD card or rehack the old switch? If I end up rehack the switch, if I use Tegra, what payload is recommended. I still have fusee.

A new SDCard will work great of you have one handy. What size and brand do you have?

I like Hekate.x.x.bin but that’s just me. I like having the ability to do other things with the bootloader right off the bat.

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new SDCard will work great of you have one handy. What size and brand do you have?

I like Hekate.x.x.bin but that’s just me. I like having the ability to do other things with the bootloader right off the bat.
Sandisk 256G. I did read in the link you sent, it recommended Exosphere and DNS MITM instead of 90 DNS. On my CFW switch, I notice on my users page it no longer has a Nintendo Account listed. Is that why I was getting the Nintendo Account error while trying to start a game?

Last edited by strangeone1969,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk 256G. I did read in the link you sent, it recommended Exosphere and DNS MITM instead of 90 DNS. On my CFW switch, I notice on my users page it no longer has a Nintendo Account listed. Is that why I was getting the Nintendo Account error while trying to start a game?
Great. That’s a decent brand to start with.

I can’t speak to what’s going on with how you have it set up now. I do know that the link I sent has been repeatedly successful for many on this forum and I personally use it myself. Since you only have two games installed it will be much easier to just start at the top and walk you through.

How many profiles do you have on this Switch?

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. That’s a decent brand to start with.

I can’t speak to what’s going on with how you have it set up now. I do know that the link I sent has been repeatedly successful for many on this forum and I personally use it myself. Since you only have two games installed it will be much easier to just start at the top and walk you through.

How many profiles do you have on this Switch?
I had 2. I do have a question. In the section "How to setup emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista" it mentions to create in the bootloader folder to create a file named "hekate_ipl.ini", but there is already a file named that there but it has different info than what the guide is mentioning, do I replace that info?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 2. I do have a question. In the section "How to setup emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista" it mentions to create in the bootloader folder to create a file named "hekate_ipl.ini", but there is already a file named that there but it has different info than what the guide is mentioning, do I replace that info?

Backup anything you would like to keep.
You can use regular Windows copy/paste for the *fat partition.
You can use Hekate to backup your emunand partition.

Once backups are complete

We need to format the SDCard so there’s nothing to overwrite.

You can use GUIFormat to easily format to FAT32:
http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup anything you would like to keep.
You can use regular Windows copy/paste for the *fat partition.
You can use Hekate to backup your emunand partition.

Once backups are complete

We need to format the SDCard so there’s nothing to overwrite.

You can use GUIFormat to easily format to FAT32:
http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
I understand backing up and the rest. I was questioning the hekate_ipl.ini file. The guide says to create onem there is already one in the bootloader folder. Which version should I use? The one that is already in the folder or the one in the guide? I want to try adding exosphere, I just want to make sure I using the right version of the file so it doesn't screw up the process.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand backing up and the rest. I was questioning the hekate_ipl.ini file. The guide says to create onem there is already one in the bootloader folder. Which version should I use? The one that is already in the folder or the one in the guide? I want to try adding exosphere, I just want to make sure I using the right version of the file so it doesn't screw up the process.
Ah. I see. Use the one in the guide for now. It works just fine to get things up and running.

Once you read up on what all the options you can make tweaks to the config to suite your specific desires but they aren’t necessary to get up and running.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#bootloader-configuration

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I see. Use the one in the guide for now. It works just fine to get things up and running.

Once you read up on what all the options you can make tweaks to the config to suite your specific desires but they aren’t necessary to get up and running.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#bootloader-configuration
I completed step4 of How to setup emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista (Unpatched) I launch Atmosphere CFW and I get: A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3! Press POWER to reboot. I put my SD card back into my PC to look at the files, and everything was removed, it only now has Bootloader and emuMMC. The steps removed Atmosphere?

Last edited by strangeone1969,

HardMind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone find a solution for how to fix the update problem of chained echoes? because the update file looks corrupted

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it and I'm back in.
I completed step4 of How to setup emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista (Unpatched) I launch Atmosphere CFW and I get: A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3! Press POWER to reboot. I put my SD card back into my PC to look at the files, and everything was removed, it only now has Bootloader and emuMMC. The steps removed Atmosphere?
I am able to get into my game finally! Now for some reason there are no cheats available for my game when I know there are. I added the file from GBA and nothing comes up for my game.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news! Congrats!

Try pulling down the cheats with Breeze.

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta
for some reason, when I went into the contents folder for the game, it only had "toggles.txt" in the codes so nothing came up. I went to the page where I was originally getting the cheats and added them to the file, and back in businiess. Thank you for your help. I like this new configuration much better than my old ond for CFW. It's weird not using 90DNS. When I go to my User account, it still shows no Nintendo Account, but I can play my games :)

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason, when I went into the contents folder for the game, it only had "toggles.txt" in the codes so nothing came up. I went to the page where I was originally getting the cheats and added them to the file, and back in businiess. Thank you for your help. I like this new configuration much better than my old ond for CFW. It's weird not using 90DNS. When I go to my User account, it still shows no Nintendo Account, but I can play my games :)
As long as you did exosphere.ini and dns:mitm configuration properly you will be able to run 90DNStester.nro and see all sites blocked as well as look at your serial number in System Settings and see that it ends in all 0000000s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3