Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything I need to worry about buying a 6 year old device? Or should I wait for a newer device that’s modded with the chip?

If you are after better battery life, and better screen get a modded oled. V1 switch battery life is 2.5 hours to 6.5 hours compare to 4.5 hours to 9 hours for V2 and OLED. The processor in the V2 and OLED are more power efficient.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are after better battery life, and better screen get a modded oled. V1 switch battery life is 2.5 hours to 6.5 hours compare to 4.5 hours to 9 hours for V2 and OLED. The processor in the V2 and OLED are more power efficient.
They’re double the price though :cry:

JackFI23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You need to install a game first. Catch-22.

DBI works in applet mode by design!

Use it to install a small game (like Othello.nsp at only 110M).
Who knows, you may like DBI and stop right there. :-)
(if you do like it be sure to give @duckbill007 a thumbs up!)

Once you have a title in your main screen, download the Tinfoil Self Installer .nro file And place it in /switch directory.

Then hold down the (R)ight shoulder button and click Othello…keep holding it down until hbmenu pops up.

Then click the Tinfoil.nro Installer.

Job done…

Look for list of Installers here (no need to limit yourself to having only one installer BTW):

https://gbatemp.net/blogs/homebrew-i-use.18815/
I tried it over a couple time with holding (R) so it's not in applet mode, but still the problem is still there, I tried to do some of my own research but nothing haven't found much.
Sorry for the inconvenience

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, for the whole time I was thinking I have switch lite with hwfly chip (I bought it from second hand). However after I try to boot L4T (Atmosphere and OFW works perfectly) I've got error "Board was not initialized properly! Hang prevented. Board will reboot in 10s…". After searching a lot of sites I got suspicious that I dont have hwfly but maybe spacenx/sx chip. After disassemble I indeed have an original sx chip.

Am I correct that in order to successfully boot to L4T I need to flash https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware ?

If so, then another issue - after disassembly switch I noticed on my chip there's no usb flex cable connected - would hwfly usb flex cable also work?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When making a nand backup, which is better? File based or partition based? Do they both compress the same with winrar?
I prefer partition based emunand at all costs but there are reputable folks that say you can get away with files based if you’re on fat32.
Post automatically merged:

I tried it over a couple time with holding (R) so it's not in applet mode, but still the problem is still there, I tried to do some of my own research but nothing haven't found much.
Sorry for the inconvenience
You have to hold it before you select the game and keep on holding it until hbmenu is fully up…keep holding it even if you have to select a profile. Hold hold hold…. :-)
Post automatically merged:

Hello, for the whole time I was thinking I have switch lite with hwfly chip (I bought it from second hand). However after I try to boot L4T (Atmosphere and OFW works perfectly) I've got error "Board was not initialized properly! Hang prevented. Board will reboot in 10s…". After searching a lot of sites I got suspicious that I dont have hwfly but maybe spacenx/sx chip. After disassemble I indeed have an original sx chip.

Am I correct that in order to successfully boot to L4T I need to flash https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware ?

If so, then another issue - after disassembly switch I noticed on my chip there's no usb flex cable connected - would hwfly usb flex cable also work?
I believ Spacecraft was originally written for SX anyway. HWFLY just forked it for their own purposes.

Here is a way to fix you board issue w/o needing the USB (you out the file on sdcard and then run toolbox)

Last edited by binkinator,

HardMind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanna update one of my game by Nintendo service via the internet (im on 14.1.2 AMS1.3.2 S) but when I try to update this error pops up ( Error code 2137-8058) my switch is not banned I'm sure.
any idea to resolve this problem?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna update one of my game by Nintendo service via the internet (im on 14.1.2 AMS1.3.2 S) but when I try to update this error pops up ( Error code 2137-8058) my switch is not banned I'm sure.
any idea to resolve this problem?
2137-8058 means that for whatever reason you are connecting to Ninty’s servers and have them blocked.

One or more of these should be familiar to you:

90DNS
Incognito_RCM
exosphere.ini
dhs:mitm

if that’s enough for you to figure it out…good deal…if not, let us know which one you think it is and we can help you safely uncloak yourself.

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here is a way to fix you board issue w/o needing the USB (you out the file on sdcard and then run toolbox)

I already came across that page, but I dont understand part "If you have hwfly-nx (...)"

I believe I dont have "hwfly-nx", my modchip is original sx one:

Untitled.png

Or maybe you meant that even if my chip is SxT it should have hwfly-nx firmware on it, correct? Can I check somehow what firmware is on it before proceeding?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already came across that page, but I dont understand part "If you have hwfly-nx (...)"

I believe I dont have "hwfly-nx", my modchip is original sx one:

View attachment 360562

Or maybe you meant that even if my chip is SxT it should have hwfly-nx firmware on it, correct? Can I check somehow what firmware is on it before proceeding?

That is what I’m saying…

https://retrohacked.com/forums/topic/1052-switch-hwfly-nx-release-071/
  • added support for SX Core & SX Lite modchips

There is a user support thread in #Switchroot on discord that goes over this in exquisite detail! :-)

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That is what I’m saying…

https://retrohacked.com/forums/topic/1052-switch-hwfly-nx-release-071/

There is a user support thread in #Switchroot on discord that goes over this in exquisite detail! :-)
Sorry if my questions were silly. After "Update SD loader" the same error "Board was not initialized properly" is still present however (after updating I need to wait around 2 minutes to hekate to show up and diode was blinking blue). Do I need also to update firmware in hwfly toolbox?

// also (if that would be helpful) when I boot to hekate with VOL+ durning power on then I dont have "The green LED should be on and static". LED on my chip only bliks once.

Last edited by wikisa,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my questions were silly. After "Update SD loader" the same error "Board was not initialized properly" is still present however (after updating I need to wait around 2 minutes to hekate to show up and diode was blinking blue). Do I need also to update firmware in hwfly toolbox?

// also (if that would be helpful) when I boot to hekate with VOL+ durning power on then I dont have "The green LED should be on and static". LED on my chip only bliks once.

Youre in the right thread to ask whatever you’d like.

yes, but it’s preferred to do the USB method. An HWFLY cable should work. Do you have one to try?

See bold letters below.

If you have hwfly-nx for your modchip's firmware then you can flash the sdloader.enc file.
  1. Obtain hwfly toolbox from https://github.com/hwfly-nx/hwfly-toolbox/releases
  2. Place hwfly_toolbox.bin in sdcard:/bootloader/payloads/.
  3. Place sdloader.enc from hwfly firmware into sdcard root.
  4. Boot switch into hekate, then run hwfly_toolbox.bin payload.
  5. Update SD loader from toolbox menu.
  6. Power off console from menu.

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Youre in the right thread to ask whatever you’d like.

yes, but it’s preferred to do the USB method. An HWFLY cable should work. Do you have one to try?

See bold letters below.

Unfortunately no, I dont have hwfly cable at the moment, so I'll buy one and I guess then I'll try again then since I lurked at switchroot discord a little and there are mixed information about if its possible to flash hwfly-nx using hwfly-toolbox on sx chips:

1679445406208.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately no, I dont have hwfly cable at the moment, so I'll buy one and I guess then I'll try again then since I lurked at switchroot discord a little and there are mixed information about if its possible to flash hwfly-nx using hwfly-toolbox on sx chips:

View attachment 360604

I mean, you can absolutely try it. I just don’t know if it will fix it. That’s all I was saying! :-)

WeakSauceDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this might be confusing but I'm having trouble transferring my sysnand pokemon save file to my emunand. Despite me saving in-game, my save data is not updating. The save is working as I can reboot the game with the changes intact. But any data (00XX and the 0001.meta) despite me saving, does not change. I'm using HasDisk to mount my system and grab the data.

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi everyone, today I order a new original micro SD Samsung Micro Sd 256 Gb Uhs-i U3 100 Mb/s (MB-MC256GA/CN) because the other mSD that I have was fake and has corrupted the whole mSD and emuMMC, now is unusable forever (Inserting the mSD to the PC freezes the computer)...

The questions are:

1. This Micro SD is good for my Switch?

2. What can I do if I want to transfer files from my PC to my mSD, Using Hekate/Homebrew USB tool? or inserting the mSD to my PC?
2.1 (I don't know but I guess inserting and eject the mSD can damage the interface *the yellow/gold lines of the mSD* when I use it everytime on my PC).

3. How can I prevent the corrupting/brick on my micro SD? I really don't want to buy another one...

When I used Tinfoil with the fake microSD FAT32 PARTITION to download games, this screen spams indefinitely whenever I download a 3rd-4th game. (4 errors every 0.6 seconds)
I don't know if Tinfoil can corrupts the mSD or is by the fake mSD.

B0vdnjK.jpg

img_20190522_203152-jpg.167765

I saw posts that people said Tinfoil makes the mSD corrupt, erases the folders, etc...
So, how you download/install games to your switch? DBI ? Awoo ? help me pls!!!

Thank you!

Mr_Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,

My switch got a ban yesterday...
As i've got several switches i decided to hack another console.
But i don't want to lose all my data from the banned switch so i decided to make a backup of emmc raw gbb and boot0, boot1 to restore them on another switch.
My questions are :
Wil i get an instant ban ?
Is it safer to hack my other switch and restore my profiles, configurations, savegames and so on with a different tool ?

Thanks gbatemp people

yarosfarian

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys!
I need your help. Does anyone know if in this place (attachments) was any component? looks like there should be something there

Obs: Switch v2 (mariko HAD CPU 10)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 26
  • edited.jpg
    edited.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 24

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2. What can I do if I want to transfer files from my PC to my mSD, Using Hekate/Homebrew USB tool? or inserting the mSD to my PC? 2.1 (I don't know but I guess inserting and eject the mSD can damage the interface *the yellow/gold lines of the mSD* when I use it everytime on my PC).
Files transfer should be done through Hekate USB tool, yes. It's not recommended to insert and eject your microSD card frequently, as the SD port on the Switch is flaky, and could break if you abuse it. If you were talking about transferring nsp files to your Switch for later installation, it's unneeded. Just install through USB directly.
3. How can I prevent the corrupting/brick on my micro SD? I really don't want to buy another one...
If you use FAT32, you minimize the risks of another corruption. Don't use exFAT.
So, how you download/install games to your switch? DBI ? Awoo ? help me pls!!!
Personally, I only use DBI. Never had a problem with it. It just works. Try it and see if it fits your needs.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody,

But i don't want to lose all my data from the banned switch so i decided to make a backup of emmc raw gbb and boot0, boot1 to restore them on another switch.
My questions are :
Is it safer to hack my other switch and restore my profiles, configurations, savegames and so on with a different tool ?

Thanks gbatemp people
You cannot restore eMMC raw GPP or BOOT0/1 on another Switch. Those are console-specific so they will only work on the console they were dumped from.

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello everybody,

My questions are :

Thanks gbatemp people
instant ban? No if you delete all WiFi config on your SysNand / Stock and creating emuMMC with incognitoRCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.