Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do I install updates with Tinfoil? I'm pretty sure I used the one the ReiNX guide provided me, but installing kept failing and froze my console.

"Backups" from the same source install fine though.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install updates with Tinfoil? I'm pretty sure I used the one the ReiNX guide provided me, but installing kept failing and froze my console.

"Backups" from the same source install fine though.
What firmware are you on? Certain updates need to be installed on certain firmwares in order to work.

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you ignoring the required firmware version?
I don't really know though, is there a database I can check for this certain game?

The link above (perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-updates/) shows ??? for firmware version, so I'm in the dark here..

Although I don't really mind the update prompts, it's still kinda annoying.

Last edited by Matchitza,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know though, is there a database I can check for this certain game?

The link above (perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-updates/) shows ??? for firmware version, so I'm in the dark here..

Although I don't really mind the update prompts, it's still kinda annoying.
According to that website, the last update was released last year so its not firmware related. Maybe you should check if the update is corrupt or not. If you download the latest build of Tinfoil (check the GitHub page for a link to a server that automatically builds the latest commits), the newer Tinfoil builds have a built in NSP verifier function.

Reactions: Ssseth

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
According to that website, the last update was released last year so its not firmware related. Maybe you should check if the update is corrupt or not. If you download the latest build of Tinfoil (check the GitHub page for a link to a server that automatically builds the latest commits), the newer Tinfoil builds have a built in NSP verifier function.
Got it, I'll do that right now and report back if it works.

EDIT: It did, thanks! :D
Now I can update my games and "backups" in peace ;)

Last edited by Matchitza,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I posted a few pages back but after reading through the last few pages for awhile I think I got most of my questions answered except one.

I’m on 5.1 and just got a NS Atmosphere. I am planning on using Reinx. Is this guide safe/good to use?

https://reinx.guide/firsttime
Its currently the best and most updated guide for ReiNX. I personally recommend anyone using ReiNX to follow that guide above all others out there.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its currently the best and most updated guide for ReiNX. I personally recommend anyone using ReiNX to follow that guide above all others out there.
Awesome, that is the one I’ll use then. You seem very active on here. Huge thanks for helping out all us newbies!

One last question, at least before I start. For NS Atmosphere should I use the stuff from their website to “load” to payload injector file into the dongle? Then from there it’s all in the Reinx guide after get the Switch into the right “mode” with the injector and jig?

Last edited by Ssseth,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, that is the one I’ll will use then. You seem very active on here. Huge thanks for helping out all us newbies!

One last question, at least before I start. For NS Atmosphere should I use the stuff from their website to “load” to payload injector file into the dongle I assume? Then from there it’s all in the Reinx guide after I the switch into the right “mode” with the injector and jig?
To be honest, I'm not too familiar with dongles and modchips so not sure how they operate differently than the free methods but you have to load the dongle first otherwise you won't be able to use the exploit that is explained in the guide.

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can DLC installed with Tinfoil work on cartridge versions of the game? I installed DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but when I pressed new game in Torna (DLC) the game soft-locked. (Can't control but game running normally)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can DLC installed with Tinfoil work on cartridge versions of the game? I installed DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but when I pressed new game in Torna (DLC) the game soft-locked. (Can't control but game running normally)
The DLC for Torna requires a different titlekey than the ones used by the base game. I'm not sure what the correct titlekey is or where you can find it, but this was the issue people who loaded the DLC via NSP when it first came out.

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The DLC for Torna requires a different titlekey than the ones used by the base game. I'm not sure what the correct titlekey is or where you can find it, but this was the issue people who loaded the DLC via NSP when it first came out.
So we can assume that this will be an issue until we find the correct titlekey?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we can assume that this will be an issue until we find the correct titlekey?
Correct. I would point you towards the Discord servers where this information is more freely discussed but I don't think GBATemp takes too kindly even to links to Discord servers containing warez (probably for those servers' own good). However, if you find me on Discord, I'll try my best to help.

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Correct. I would point you towards the Discord servers where this information is more freely discussed but I don't think GBATemp takes too kindly even to links to Discord servers containing warez (probably for those servers' own good). However, if you find me on Discord, I'll try my best to help.
Yeah, thanks. I already joined some homebrew/hacking servers and some servers where they link.. "backups".

Reactions: Draxzelex

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for hijacking your post. I Wanted to ask the same question. I haven't hack my switch yet but I have unlinked my account in preparation for firmware 6.0 but Seems like linked account is required to play the 'new' NES games.

Should I update to 6.0 and link my burner account first before I hack my switch?

I will burn the fuse and lose chance to go back to 5.1.0 Or are there any workarounds?

Linking account in 5.1.0 is not possible already. Nintendo won't allow.

Thanks.

Appreciate if anyone can share some insight on this. Thanks so much

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just updated to 5.1.0 using Chois.
Everythings working like a charm.

But, sometimes when I try to smash hekate via Tegra I see a black Boot screen (saying hekate, looks like a loading screen) but after that my console stays black.
If I turn it off and on again and smash hekate again it normally jumps into hekates bootloader menu as usual.

Whats that? :o

Reactions: CobraX83

AntonyB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry totally new to the switch scene and I've tried to look but found no clear answer. Basically, its only the SN of the switch that is needed to see if it is exploitable or not? So if I find a switch that has the correct SN, even if it's on a higher FW version(for example i buy it 2nd hand and It has been updated) I can still hack it? I read that 6.0 is a bit iffy right now, but other than that any FW revision is fine?

Thanks

Last edited by AntonyB,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-