switch moding

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, looking for some help, got my self a switch and have managed to mod it after watch videos but failing to a dagree,
running 14.1.0 / ams1.3.2,
so i have
Hekate_ctcaer _5.7.2 and nyx 1.2.2 // atmosphere 1.3.2 // hbmenu 3.5.0 // latest fusee.bin // and latests sigpatches,

i have it all working and boots up with all the menus in album but i cant seem, to install any nsp , xci at all..
getting error code 2144 - 0001 (0x290) // error code 2002-4057 (0x1FB202) Module file system (2) Description Unknown or undocumanted error(4057)
i restarted and tryed it all from fresh, still cant seem to get it too install games..
also tried nsusbloader and awoo but when i try to install away i get that first error code 2144 - 0001 (0x290)
and need to restart its not connected to the net and taken the sd card out and trasfering games onto it and safely removeing and reinserting and booting back up useing tegraRCMGUI on PC, so in my SD card folders are
atmosphere // Bootloader // config // games // nintendo // switch //system volume information

Apps i have
Goldleaf // appstore // awoo installer ( that dont work ) //day break //

honestly all i wanna do is play one game :) if am someone has any ideas what am doing wrong i would reallly appreciate the help, and if i have not made much sence in this please ask questions and ill reply as soon as am able..

thanks soo much in advance

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, looking for some help, got my self a switch and have managed to mod it after watch videos but failing to a dagree,
running 14.1.0 / ams1.3.2,
so i have
Hekate_ctcaer _5.7.2 and nyx 1.2.2 // atmosphere 1.3.2 // hbmenu 3.5.0 // latest fusee.bin // and latests sigpatches,

i have it all working and boots up with all the menus in album but i cant seem, to install any nsp , xci at all..
getting error code 2144 - 0001 (0x290) // error code 2002-4057 (0x1FB202) Module file system (2) Description Unknown or undocumanted error(4057)
i restarted and tryed it all from fresh, still cant seem to get it too install games..
also tried nsusbloader and awoo but when i try to install away i get that first error code 2144 - 0001 (0x290)
and need to restart its not connected to the net and taken the sd card out and trasfering games onto it and safely removeing and reinserting and booting back up useing tegraRCMGUI on PC, so in my SD card folders are
atmosphere // Bootloader // config // games // nintendo // switch //system volume information

Apps i have
Goldleaf // appstore // awoo installer ( that dont work ) //day break //

honestly all i wanna do is play one game :) if am someone has any ideas what am doing wrong i would reallly appreciate the help, and if i have not made much sence in this please ask questions and ill reply as soon as am able..

thanks soo much in advance

recommend you walk through a written guide (rather than a YT vid.) Hard to track steps taken and often out of date.

take a look at this guide and see if yiu missed any steps.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

The links provided at the top of the pages will take you to the original files (YT vids often link to bundles) along with helpful readme.md files by the original authors.

If you’re still having issues after walking through the guide let is know which model switch you have, how you boot it (chip vs rcm) and paste your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file and we’ll get you sorted.

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi there thanks for the reply, thats pretty decent site, certninly has a lot of stuff on it, but still not able.. not sure what it is am doing wrong but seems am clearly not getting anywhere, appologies for the late reply btw,

its pretty hard to follow and was doing it to the best way i new how..
first hick up was on the all in one updateor , could not find it but i am uptodate on the firm ware not by choice..

not sure what it is that am doing wrong but just cant seem to figer it out.. is there any videos. thats is like a dummies guide to switch modding ( step by step ) or someone who is willin too do it :) if there any thing else or if you want screen shots .. let me know.. thanks again :(

Jock

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there thanks for the reply, thats pretty decent site, certninly has a lot of stuff on it, but still not able.. not sure what it is am doing wrong but seems am clearly not getting anywhere, appologies for the late reply btw,

its pretty hard to follow and was doing it to the best way i new how..
first hick up was on the all in one updateor , could not find it but i am uptodate on the firm ware not by choice..

not sure what it is that am doing wrong but just cant seem to figer it out.. is there any videos. thats is like a dummies guide to switch modding ( step by step ) or someone who is willin too do it :) if there any thing else or if you want screen shots .. let me know.. thanks again :(

Jock
Where did you pull your sigpatches? I have two sources in my signature block. Click them and try out the other one that you don’t have right now and see if that fixes things.

Reactions: Jocky1345

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi mate got the sig patches from itotaljusis but as i said not really my forte and i also got the updater as well,
how important is the formatting the card to a fat32? as am formatting it in exfat but only because i dont have that fat 32 option .. not sure if thats a issue or no..
as i said its up and running and i have gamecard installer and i can install the only game i have and thats working now without the gamecard but the nsps, i have in a folder names games has 2 games in there and when i click on goldleaf / explore content /sd card / games/ game.nsp / Install / Insall to Sd card or console memory still get same set of error messages (error code 2144 - 0001 (0x290) // error code 2002-4057 (0x1FB202) Module file system (2) Description Unknown or undocumanted error(4057)

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering also why is there not just a zip file with all you need in it, already prepared and once installing th e Sd card go to the lock pick dump keys open tegraRCMGUI inject fusee ect ect. would make for easyer doing :) espeicaly for noobs like me who Clearly dose not have a clue.. @)

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey thanks for the reply, appologies for the long reply,
so i managed to to get a few games to install useing ns-usb and awoo, and got mt BOTW game to work so i know all seems well, how ever i then got the update files for 1.6 and i have tried 3 different places for these and all have the same outcome..

says 1 of 2 things file corrupted or sd card coruppted.. and my latest one says The software dara is not downloaded it will be downloaded now,,

how ever am connected to net used dns90 or what ever it was called so cant contact Nintendo..

i have since tryed to reinstall the game,Deleted the game and reinstall game again but same issue even with the base game reinstalled the sig patches again ,i have to deleted the hold SD card and do it ALL OVER AGAIN :)

even tried to install the sig patches useing awoo .. but still no issues.. Deleted all tickets .. clearly am not cut out for this .. but am if anything persistant..

any advice before i chuck it on auction site @___)

budDRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you still using exfat?
becareful with videos they arent up to date due to bigN updates etc
it sounds to me you have sigpatch issue

when you put the sigpatchs in to the sd. did you over write? i reccomend to delete the files/folders. then drop them into the sd. then try reinstalling the nsp.

Last edited by budDRY,

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you still using exfat?
it sounds to me you have sigpatch issue

when you put the sigpatchs in to the sd. did you over write? i reccomend to delete the files/folders. then drop them into the sd. then try reinstalling the nsp.
hi no am useing
atmosphere-1.3.2-master-e96972c93+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.5.0
latested sig patches from itotaljustice that supports HOS 14.1.0+

and am manualy doing it putting the folders into the atmosphere folder and yea am overrighting when it askes me too .. as well as the bootloater Patches .ini file puting that over to bootloader all on the sd card..

please also note i have lockpicked as well
says found 5 tital keys / 188 prod keys through masterkeys
then says found 146 dev keys

so should work but dose not..

i am on fat 32 and as i said am running 14.1.0 iams 1.3.2JS
and am useing awoo to install game and update tried sinlge base game then the update and tryed both same time.. but dont work.. but one will work the base game if i dont try to update it.. with latests 1.6 patches ..

hope this helps
and thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont over write the old files

delete the folder/files and then drop the new ones in. make sure to refresh sd card first
Good idea.

for kicks you can just move them to /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk and then unzip the new files over the top. The only file you will need to immediately need Will be /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini so just copy it over to the newly created /bootloader (with no .bk)

Jocky1345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
/atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk sorry what @:__) folders in the sig files are Atmosphere/exefs_patches/es_patches/ than a pile of .ips files
Atmosphere/kip_patches/fs_patches/ more ips files
Atmosphere/kip_patches/loader_patches/ more ips files
Bootloader is only one file / patches.ini

sorry :)

budDRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk sorry what @:__) folders in the sig files are Atmosphere/exefs_patches/es_patches/ than a pile of .ips files
Atmosphere/kip_patches/fs_patches/ more ips files
Atmosphere/kip_patches/loader_patches/ more ips files
Bootloader is only one file / patches.ini

sorry :)
i honestly think you should do as i suggest and if it fail. you can do as binkinator says. no disrespect to binkinator.
its what id do.
we are trouble shooting.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-