Switch has black screen

sl3dnecks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, first post here. I have a nintendo switch v1 and it was modded I had it for over a year. I had a 1 pin connection error so i took it apart to look and it seems fine. but now my screen is black but everything works. You can hear it scrolling when using touch or using a controller you can dock it and it works and nothing is wrong except the screen. I tried the hard reset and I looked in it to see if I hit something off and it doesnt appear so. If anyone can help or send a video or pictures of what to look for would be awesome. I still use it on dock mode but that takes away the reason I got a switch. The 1 pin connector I assume I would have to replace the sd card connector. I did change the slot itself and tried new memory cards. Not to worried about it games just load slow and install slow. Can anyone help with the black screen though? Thanks a ton!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey everyone, first post here. I have a nintendo switch v1 and it was modded I had it for over a year. I had a 1 pin connection error so i took it apart to look and it seems fine. but now my screen is black but everything works. You can hear it scrolling when using touch or using a controller you can dock it and it works and nothing is wrong except the screen. I tried the hard reset and I looked in it to see if I hit something off and it doesnt appear so. If anyone can help or send a video or pictures of what to look for would be awesome. I still use it on dock mode but that takes away the reason I got a switch. The 1 pin connector I assume I would have to replace the sd card connector. I did change the slot itself and tried new memory cards. Not to worried about it games just load slow and install slow. Can anyone help with the black screen though? Thanks a ton!
yourself answer your question, you have a screen problem and a physical one, try to re-seat the ribbons or put a new screen.

Reactions: anon730

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the screen completely black or just the backlight is off? Put a flashlight against your screen and check if you can see images. If you can then the problem is with the backlight ribbon cable, otherwise the main display cable is damaged or not inserted properly.

sl3dnecks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the screen completely black or just the backlight is off? Put a flashlight against your screen and check if you can see images. If you can then the problem is with the backlight ribbon cable, otherwise the main display cable is damaged or not inserted properly.
I never thought about a flash light. I just did it and I see some stuff in the screen. Thanks for the tip. Now I know it's the backlight!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jkyoho and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto