1. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Hello guys

Today i did the rawnand dump, to a corrupted Switch eMMC chip. Console displays Blue Screen of Death. With the help of the Low Voltage eMMC Adapter, Transcend Card Reader and NxNandManager, i managed to do a full dump. I ordered a new 32Gb SanDisk eMMC.
    The original eMMC chips also have boot partitions, respectively boot0 and boot1.
    I didn't have access to boot partitions with an eMMC Adapter and SD card reader.The controller on SD reader doesn't support eMMC boot mode.
    It must be used a SDIO controller, and the eMMC boot partitions they will be visible, but i think i can generate them with ChoiDujour for Pc and then transferred to the new eMMC on the switch, or will i buy one BeagleBone Black, SDIO interface or i'll try a laptop that has SDIO interfaces for SD card reading.
    I'll be back with new information in a few days. I apologize for my bad English.

0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg IMG_5717.PNG IMG_6238.JPG

2. vastrolorde

vastrolorde Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can this be done using a regular Micro sd adapter? just like what we used back then on the 3ds, to dump the NAND?

[​IMG]

Last edited by vastrolorde, May 12, 2020
    FXDX likes this.
  3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Not quite necessary, prior to NTRBoothax, the only way to recover from a hard brick is with hard mod and a NAND backup prior to bricking, even if you got blue screen switch you can still re-write NAND to it if you have a proper NAND backup, The low voltage emmc adapter is nice but it is too much work, it can be considered as a last resort.

FXDX likes this.
  4. vastrolorde

vastrolorde Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    actually my switch,s problems is kinda weird, its not Bluescreen, but shorted caps, when emmc module is connected on the board, all shorts gone, after removing it. so maybe, i just thought that this method might work. so i can replace it with a good working emmc module.

FXDX likes this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You could replace the emmc, with a new one as long you have your NAND backup and the correct boot0/boot1 to rewrite it to.

FXDX likes this.
  6. NaniMael

NaniMael Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Is it possible with a regular SD adapter?
    Do I have to use low-power products?

FXDX likes this.
  7. SheriffBuck

SheriffBuck Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    @FXDX - Any progress on this? I've got a patched Switch with a BSOD, so interested in how far you got.

FXDX likes this.
  8. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    I could not generate the eMMC boot partitions boot0 / boot1 with ChoiDujour. So far i have not advanced with the Low Voltage eMMC Adapter project.....

9. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    You should borrow an unpatched one, swap eMMCs and dump it using payload, write back to good eMMC and swap things back.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I bet you should ask somebody to dump them for you from a good working unit with your FW version.

FXDX likes this.
  10. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    I don't know if unique data for each console is not written to the boot0 and boot1 partitions.

11. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    AFAIK they're not console unique but FW only.
    Someone around (@mattytrog IIRC) had collection of them for repair purpose.

FXDX likes this.
  12. LIY2012

LIY2012 Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    BOOT1 is the same for every console. BOOT0 has some encrypted key data that is console specific, but I don't know if the newer firmwares (6.2+) need it or not.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Check the datasheet for the memory chip. I'm sure there are different suppliers, but the samsung chip on mine will work at 3.3 or 1.8 volts.

13. ThiagoDaruma

ThiagoDaruma Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I was successful in rebuilding boot0 and boot1 on a console that had the perfect nand. now i have a switch with a corrupted nand, the console turns on as if there was no nand connected to it. there are no shorts on the board. I would like to try the hard dump, would it be possible to do with an SD adapter? (I think I still have mine from the 3DS era)

14. FXDX

OP FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Of course not.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Adapter, Voltage, Switch