1. Unsigned

OP Unsigned Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Morning Fellas -

This is a quick image drop I put together to help me understand the flow of the process.

This was probably one of the easiest console mods I have done, and aside from having to find the right threads (most of them here) for the right information, it took very little time and effort.

Thanks to everyone who made all the great exploits/documentation/apps (quark, goldleaf, TegraRCM GUI, 4nxci).

The biggest notes would be to patch Hekate for your OS version, and load the fusee CFW to get game installs to work while using Goldleaf/Quark and a USB connection - it was one of the harder to find pieces of information at least for me.

Attached Files:

2. Akuseru06

Akuseru06 Developer

United Kingdom
    I smell piracy.

3. Unsigned

OP Unsigned Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I got almost all of the information on this site - I just put it in a diagram I made for those that learn better visually like myself.

I didn't mean to disregard any rules, just trying to help out.

additionally - I modify consoles just for something to do, experience the exploits, been doing it for years. I I have all sorts of handhelds running all sorts of emulators and roms - I am hoping with the decent power in the switch, it will handle some MAME games, but I havent gotten there yet.

I have an extensive switch library of paid games just for the record... not EVERYTHING is about piracy.

Last edited by Unsigned, Sep 10, 2020
  4. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'd use fusee-primary.bin as the Hekate payload, either directly or via editing the hekate inf file.

I'd also use Blawar's Tinfoil (from here on simply mentioned as Tinfoil) + Emunand + some online "shop", like Jack in the Box on a new switch.
    Since both my Switches are already banned, and I don't care about anything online anyway, I use sysnand for everything.

Also, Goldleaf is currently the worst installer IMO. Though it has a cool interface, Quark sucks hard for relying on the worst thing ever created by man (Java). And there better alternatives for Quark. Meanwhile, though closed source, Tinfoil does GREAT using NUT as the PC side client, and it's in Python, so it's completely customizable on real time and immediately better.
    Awoo Installer does whatever Goldleaf does better, as far as installing things go, and even accepts the NSZ format, which is a compressed NSP.

Also, Awoo and Tinfoil can install XCIs directly now, no need to use 4nxci to convert the formats.

As far as arcade/overall emulation goes, the Switch is doing pretty fine IMO. Get Retroarch.

On an unrelated note, I'd hardly consider software patching/exploiting a console mod, but I guess it kinda fits the criteria.

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Overall, these are great tips! The only thing I would scratch out is Awoo Installer. It was spitting out errors on a regular basis when trying to USB install stuff, so I just got rid of it. Using NUT on the PC and Tinfoil on the Swith works flawlessly for USB installation. Tinfoil works properly with fusee-primary, maybe not so well with fusee-secondary.

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    I Also prefer clean atmos instead of using Hekate to boot.

7. evertonstz

evertonstz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    And the smell is delicious.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Impressions, Lessons, Switch