Hacking Switch from Ferrox 4.80 CFW to Rebug CFW?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
OK so I now have a softmodded slim PS3 with Ferrox 4.80 CFW + Cobra (with custom Key Tunes/XMB sounds and Ferrox logo on XMB and Ferrox official theme), and I want to switch it to Rebug 4.80.1 CFW, is it possible to actually do so without causing a brick? And can someone please tell me what to do and what not to do? :)

Last edited by CatmanFan,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
IIRC i just download rebug and updated...
i replaced the HDD for a bigger one and installed rebug right away.

maybe you should erase the hdd first before update...

you have cobra as a dongle or a chip?
i only had the ferox cfw (as far as i know) don't have any chip or dongle

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
IIRC i just download rebug and updated...
i replaced the HDD for a bigger one and installed rebug right away.

maybe you should erase the hdd first before update...

you have cobra as a dongle or a chip?
i only had the ferox cfw (as far as i know) don't have any chip or dongle
I haven't checked. I don't think it has a chip, it's just Ferrox CFW with Cobra.

What I mean is if it's really safe to just update to Rebug 4.80 CFW right away without erasing or replacing HDD or any additional recommendations, because I don't want to open it up or anything.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I haven't checked. I don't think it has a chip, it's just Ferrox CFW with Cobra.

What I mean is if it's really safe to just update to Rebug 4.80 CFW right away without erasing or replacing HDD or any additional recommendations.
i can't say for sure about the "without replacing\erasing the hdd"
i think there is no harm but i can't really say for sure...

but i know for sure if you replace the hdd and install the other cfw there is no issue (i did that)

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
i can't say for sure about the "without replacing\erasing the hdd"
i think there is no harm but i can't really say for sure...

but i know for sure if you replace the hdd and install the other cfw there is no issue (i did that)
I don't want to do anything to the HDD anyway, I just want to install Rebug over Ferrox 4.80 without doing anything else. Also I forgot to mention that I have a slim PS3 model 2004A.

I could be sure even if your HDD isn't replaced it still sustains enough memory for the update so...no problem?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
That would be google my friend
OK thanks, but I have already enabled Toggle QA on my PS3, and I made the preparations (Rebug 4.80.1 REX, not downgrader). I just want to say one more time that I have Ferrox 4.80 CFW Cobra 7.3 Edition, I want to upgrade to Rebug 4.80.1 REX, and I really don't want to brick my PS3.

I want to say this one more time: Should I upgrade or not? :unsure:

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Seriously, I need help with this, and I'm really tired of bumping posts. I want somebody to answer my question ASAP please. Should I install Rebug 4.80 REX CFW over Ferrox 4.80 CFW from XMB without causing a brick as long as I have Toggle QA enabled? Please :unsure:

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know installing rebug over another cfw always works. A friend used it to install a higher version rebug firmware over an older lower version rogero firmware. However if you want to play it safe you could hardmod your ps3 first then backup your nand or nor. You can also backup your nand or nor from cfw but hardmod gives you the option to restore it in case your ps3 bricks.

Last edited by tedmg091309131,
D

Dork

I would honestly go ask on ps3hax.net because they would probably have people knowledgeable enough to help you. I've never switched to and from different CFWs so I don't have a safe answer.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord. All you have to do is install the update file over the cfw you already have. If it gives an error, use the rogero downgraded update file to install 3.55 again, then update with rebug. It's amazing how many people here can't give a straight answer. The only one with a correct answer tedmg091309131.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
As far as I know installing rebug over another cfw always works. A friend used it to install a higher version rebug firmware over an older lower version rogero firmware. However if you want to play it safe you could hardmod your ps3 first then backup you nand or nor. You can also backup your band or nor from cfw but hardmod gives you the option to restore it in case your ps3 bricks.

Good lord. All you have to do is install the update file over the cfw you already have. If it gives an error, use the rogero downgraded update file to install 3.55 again, then update with rebug. It's amazing how many people here can't give a straight answer. The only one with a correct answer tedmg091309131.

Are you sure this will not brick my PS3? I have Toggle QA enabled (the Habib Toggle QA since I can't use Rebug Toolbox with Ferrox).

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
This. Is. The. Final. Bump. I need an answer fast. So you can install Rebug 4.80 over Ferrox 4.80 right? I really want to do it without bricking my PS3 and I'm totally tired of bumping, is it brick-safe please? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-