Hacking Ferrox 4.88 cfw

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is evilnat 4.88 but will there be a ferrox 4.88?I'm guessing there definitely won't be a rebug 4.88 since there was no rebug for 4.87 unless they come back from the dead and surprise everyone with a 4.88 cfw.currenty I'm on ferrox 4.87 cfw and I'm not sure if I should stick with ferrox and wait for 4.88 if it's even going to come out or switch to evilnat 4.88 then switch again to ferrox 4.88 if it comes out.pre 4.87 I loved rebug cfw and used it alot then switched to ferrox 4.87 when it came out got used to it but my favorite was rebug still so I'm at a junction here what should I do?should I switch and stay on evilnat or stick with ferrox and wait for 4.88 ferrox?I really don't know anything about evilnat.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Evilnat is currently the "go to" CFW, if you want to stay current. It has most of the rebug features and several that go beyond what regular Rebug has to offer. For now it's quite safe to say that both Ferrox and Rebug have reached their end of life.

Also, there's updated Rebug toolbox available from Brewology that gives access to some Rebug features even on Evilnat. (Key dumps etc. come to mind.) Unlike Rebug, Evilnat CFW doesn't have toolbox app, but most of the features and configurables are available from XMB itself.

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok thanks for the input i will go ahead and upgrade to eveilnat.Hopefully 4.88 is the last firmware update for the ps3 if not hopefully evilnat sticks around and doesn't go to the grave yard of dead cfw.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh ok thanks for the input i will go ahead and upgrade to eveilnat.Hopefully 4.88 is the last firmware update for the ps3 if not hopefully evilnat sticks around and doesn't go to the grave yard of dead cfw.

Well, WiiU got 5.5.5 out of the blue this year... :D

You can't ever speak on behalf ot other people, but the feeling I've gotten is Evilnat is in this for the long run. There's actually new version coming (4.88.2), fixing an issue with some very specific games run from ISO image/directory, but it's still in "private" testing as for safety flasher is needed.

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok i heard 4.88.2 was being tested.Also i noticed on ps3 brewology the sen enabler hasent been updated for 4.88.Since he makes the cfw and sen enabler do i still need the sen enabler separate or is that functionality in his cfw since he made the app and cfw?The sen enabler for 4.88 would be nice only saw it for 4.87.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Consensus seems to be that 4.88 with PSN patch/the ban prevention tools included in latest WebMan Mod is as safe as SEN-enabled console. As far as I know the thing holding SEN enabler is first the 4.88 CFW, and then possibly the PSN login needing some extra research/work (it was modified with 4.88 OFW.)

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok also do i still need the psp and ps2 launchers to launch those respective games?Last time i installed those launchers on 4.87 ferrox they were always corrupted when installed and gave a error code when trying to launch them.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't know about PSP launcher (have Vita for those) but tested PS2 launcher (latest from aldostools) and the 2-3 games I tested worked allright on 4.88 evilnat. I have PS2 with internal HDD I use, but tested the games on PS3 just to see how the temps go with diff fan settings.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
4.88 will most likely not be the last firmware.

From what I can gather, the ps3 needs to have the latest keys added to be able to continue playing bluray movies - That's possibly the main purpose of these late firmware updates.

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.88 will most likely not be the last firmware.

From what I can gather, the ps3 needs to have the latest keys added to be able to continue playing bluray movies - That's possibly the main purpose of these late firmware updates.

Yeah that makes sense.Should i get the ps2 and psp launches from ps3 brewology or aldostools?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Brewology and Aldostools' github should be identical (probably small delay in Brewology after release)

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok on Brewology i noticed the psp and ps2 launchers haven't been updated since 2019 and only the ps2 config database was recently updated.are the launchers still ok to install and use?

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i updated to evilnat and my psp and ps2 launchers had the normal icon and seemed to work but as soon as i started up web man mod the icons turned to that gray controller icon and gave errors.is that normal?I dont understand why launching web man mod would do that and it doesn't happen to other installed pkg files it seems.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well i updated to evilnat and my psp and ps2 launchers had the normal icon and seemed to work but as soon as i started up web man mod the icons turned to that gray controller icon and gave errors.is that normal?I dont understand why launching web man mod would do that and it doesn't happen to other installed pkg files it seems.

You could try (quoting Aldostools)

You can disable the lock with this web command: http://0/remap.ps3
Another way to unlock the PSP launchers is mounting a PSP game then reinstall.

Do the correct icons reappear and games start working?

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That web command i put in the ps3 web browser right?Also If a ps3 slim has ofw 4.88 can you still install 4.88 evilnat cfw or does the ofw have to be lower?My understanding is that as long as it is a phat or slim and the slim not being to high of a model number you can update directly to cfw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended