Hacking Switch 'Family Sharing' Hack

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was confirmed to work just after the Switch launch but who will want to stay offline if the whole point of sharing with family is so you can play online with them

Also if you do this just to get free games make sure you at least own 100 since you won't be able to download more and I am sure you can't keep calling Nintendo or they will cut you off.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it even worked like PlayStation ghost accounts would be awesome, like this is pointless since you can't download new games on the deactivated console and maybe after a few support calls to Nintendo they could ban your account, no idea...

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This won't work. Nintendo is not a retard. They can easily see on what system an NintendoID is used.
If the call-agent does this for you then wow... what a stupid guy to begin with!

I tried this a few years back with a Wii console. They can see literally everything. I said that I used another Wii at my friend bla blablba... but they can even see your IP adres. So chances that this will work are very slim.
Nevertheless its cool that you share this with everyone else :).

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend and I shared each others accounts in the event that we one day might want to try a game the other person owns or something. It's not really needed until we decide to do this but his account sits on my Switch anyways. I just use my own. He'd have to deactivate it on his for me to download his games. We haven't bothered with this yet but it's pretty neat I guess. I own more games than him and he has a few games I don't have. You have to agree on when to swap accounts of course. This is something I normally would never do and have never done but I trust him 200% and I was planning on playing through Steamworld Dig 2 on his account at one point but I just bought it myself. I don't know if we ever will bother to do this "trick".

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to the Title, this is not what most people expect. A little click-bait, yet non-the-less I have managed to gain all my friends games through this technique.

Once again, this is not extremely reliable but once it is accomplished, Nintendo cannot fix it from their end unless you connect to the internet.

I've held this off for an extended period of time because I do not have regular internet connection and therefor this technique works well for me, yet I still wanted to wait to make sure any hassle I caused would have calmed down.

The technique overides the fact that only one console can have the same account activated at a time. By ensuring that Console B dosent reconnect to the Nintendo servers we can have two consoles with the same account activated, therefor allowing games to be played on both. (Apologies if I haven't explained this the most efficient way, I'm not the best)

Simply, the method is as follows; Deactivate Console A (whichever console is the one which has the games you with for Console B to have), Activate Console B and Download all Games from the Account, Disconnect Console B from the internet, Call/Mail Nintendo with the pretence that Console A cannot connect to the account. If you've played your cards right Nintendo should reactivate the account on Console A and deactivate the account on Console B. So long as Console B dosent connect to the Nintendo servers you will be free to play the games on both consoles.

I'm aware this isn't the best exploit or what most people are looking for, but is useful for those that don't have as much money, wish to have two consoles with the same games or no internet dosent bother them.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate or clear anything up. Hope this was useful.

- Snark​
this wont work for too long
they will pick up on it and ban you.

not recommended

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY