1. ivor

OP ivor Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi i have a unpatch switch, been tempted to mod it for a while now. Just wondering how easy it is to do and keep it updated? Not got much of a background in this type of thing. Thanks for your time :)

2. Xerion

Xerion Member
    Newcomer

Italy
  3. ivor

OP ivor Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

Thankyou i will check it out! just worried about having to update files and stuff not very tech savy!

4. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Just take your time, read everything and make sure you understand. Do not rush anything.

And make backups before doing updates! It's usually easy, but you do need to understand what you are doing.

System and CFW updates are probably the most difficult, but still easy. Updating homebrew apps are very easy (copy/paste).

scandal_uk likes this.
  5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Read, read, and then read some more. Don't watch! (I mean youtube vids) If you're really not tech savvy, and all this stuff is above your head, try to get someone around you who is more into this stuff to help you. The most important thing to do first, make a backup of your NAND/BOOT0/BOOT1 with Hekate, and also your biskeys. That way, if you screw something up, you can fix it easily.

6. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    CFW is commitment. If you are not familiar with tech/homebrew stuff/have no somewhat decent pc knowledge then just don't bother and use your switch without any CFW (like you are supposed to lol). If you want CFW, you'll have to read and understand a lot + eventually solve problems by yourself.

7. Xerion

Xerion Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I'll basically tell you what others have already written even though I am a newbie like you lol, read read and read again before actually going through the process, and if you're not familiar with tech stuff in general or you are scared of doing something wrong then use it without CFW. Best of luck!

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Updating files is as simple as putting the new ones on the SD card. Being tech savvy however is on you as there are a lot of terms that you have to become acquainted that majority of hacking tutorials won't cover. Lastly, Switch hacking being "easy" is relative to the person doing the task. To someone who knows what they are doing might argue its easier than hacking the 3DS while someone else may say its impossible. Read the information and decide for yourself if its easy or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switch,