Hardware Switch Brick after RetroArch

BadZZilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Guys, need help. I'm noob with this, and my english sucks little bit, but ill try to explain. I bought Switch with already installed Atmosphere, dont exactly now about AutoRCM, all i can say is that there was no need to use TegraRCMGUI or any dongle for Switch to continue to work after restarting system, everything was fine.

Yesterday i tried playing in already installed Retroarch, after some time it crashed, showed we atmosphere crash report and shut donw. After that, nothing. It's not turning on, i tried holding + with power button, tried + and - and etc.It doesnt turn on. I downloaded tegraRCMGUI, it doenst detect any RCM devices when i connect Switch to my laptop, only thing is that my laptop makes connection and discconection sounds when i hold power button on Switch.

I know that it's not a lot of info, but did i brick somehow my Switch??? Little Panic attack here. Any hellp will be helpfull. Sorry for bad English.

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's probably happening is you have autoRCM enabled and you now are trying to coldboot your switch, you need an RCM jig like this one:

Amazon.com: RCM Jig, RCM Clip Short Connector for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con RCM Tool for NS Recovery Mode (Black): Electronics

Normally you do not need it if you are restarting from CFW directly, but when you try to start from a complete shutdown you do.

the jig shorts two pins on the right joycon rail that are needed to enter RCM mode when the switch starts up. you can also try shorting them yourself with a paperclip but your risk damaging the pins.

Last edited by Melter,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If autoRCM is enabled, then there is no need for a jig, as it boots directly to RCM. To make sure, hold power button for 15-20 secs to fully shut down the system. Then, tap power button to turn it on. If nothing happens on screen, it's probably autoRCM and you can try pushing a payload with tegraRCMGUI. If it boots normally to a non-CFW state, then yes, you'll need a jig to get back to CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...