Switch boot.dat error help

Mindless2831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only solution is to repair the sd card reader.
Yeah, I figured as much. Unfortunately, I bought a replacement, only to find out when I opened it that it's not the slot itself, but it's connection to the mobo. I carefully tried to remove the ribbon cable so I could possibly try ro touch up the solder joints, but doing so completely removed the ribbon connector from the board. I have all the parts, but I don't have a microscope capable of allowing me to do thw micro soldering to fix something this small and can find no one local or anywhere to do it. I've resorted to knowing it'll likely be bricked forever. I was just hoping someone maybe found a way around it by now.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-card-in-1-bit-mode-but-no-broken-pins.650970/

1717874495590.png

Mindless2831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very helpful, and I believe I have it somewhere, but I still need a microscope to even be able to see it. I'll be picking one up next week, and I suppose some new tips for my iron to be able to do work this incredibly small. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is very helpful, and I believe I have it somewhere, but I still need a microscope to even be able to see it. I'll be picking one up next week, and I suppose some new tips for my iron to be able to do work this incredibly small. Thanks.
yeah, I even with microscope have hard time, my eyes are no the same than 20 years ago.

I did buy
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msyUSJY

is cheap but good enough for the hobbyist, obviously if you are pro and work on that type of welding daily, invest on a 1000K+ one

Mindless2831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I even with microscope have hard time, my eyes are no the same than 20 years ago.

I did buy
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msyUSJY

is cheap but good enough for the hobbyist, obviously if you are pro and work on that type of welding daily, invest on a 1000K+ one
Definitely bot a pro lol. If you say that one's good, I'll give it a go. I've looked at many of the cheapest ones and have been super reluctant due to the reviews. I may give it a try, seems like my only option at this point unfortunately.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Definitely bot a pro lol. If you say that one's good, I'll give it a go. I've looked at many of the cheapest ones and have been super reluctant due to the reviews. I may give it a try, seems like my only option at this point unfortunately.
for me work just fine, is no the best but for the small price you receive a ok product. the quality is not bad.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Mindless2831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States