Hacking Switch Android Pie is coming along nicely!

Kuro666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no official builds released other than android 8.1. Android 10(Q) seems to be close to releasing so might as well wait for that instead of using 9.0.
Also no point in using leaked build since pie development is dead and Q builds become obsolete every few days currently.
there is if you just want to play your emulators with sticks, like I do.
it works, and it works wonders, I don't care about A10 build that much until it's out, but I want to play NOW.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
*Q, not Pie, and because it's less broken than newer versions on Tegra devices.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I'd love to see an AOSP build for the Switch. Just pure de-googled Android, living it's best life. It's like the Debian of Android. Super stable, and supports older hardware with no sweat.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's funny to see that they announce Android Q and Android 11 came out, now that if they wanted to go to 11 it ends up coming out 12. Now it remains that if they take 12, Android 13 ends up coming out?

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's doesn't really matter, the jump from pie to oreo is substantial in terms on QOL and drivers for tegra chips. Im pretty certain that once this groundwork is done, it won't be such a challenge to upgrade for future version.
I could be wrong

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they didn't go to android 10 for being up to date sake. they hit a roadblock that was fixed in Android 10 and if all goes well Android 10 will be the android os for the switch

Last edited by pcwizard7,
Reactions: peteruk

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Use at your own risk.

For those who want to install Android Q (10) pre-release download the files in this repository.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/leddaz/files/nintendo-switch-lineageos/lineage-17.1/

Move the files to the SD Card according to this path:

00-android.ini to /bootloader/ini/
boot.img, tegra210-icosa.dtb and twrp.img to /switchroot/install/
coreboot.rom, common.scr and boot.scr to /switchroot/android/
coreboot-oc.rom if you want to overclock to 1862MHz, just rename it to coreboot.rom and put it in /switchroot/android/

lineage-17.1-[date]-UNOFFICIAL-[device name].zip to anywhere on your SD card.

Launch Hekate and navigate to Tools -> Arch bit • RCM • Touch • Partitions -> Partition SD Card.

You can use the Android slider to choose how much storage you want to give to Android, then press Next Step, then Start.

Once that finishes press Flash Android, then Continue.

Press Continue again and it should reboot to TWRP.

If it doesn't reboot to TWRP, hold the power button for 12 seconds, boot into hekate again, then select the Android config while holding VOL-UP and hold VOL-UP until it gets into TWRP.

In TWRP tap mount, then check any/every partition you can, if some/all cannot be selected, just continue.

Now go back and press Install then navigate to external_sd then to wherever you put lineage-17.1-[date]-UNOFFICIAL-[device name].zip and tap on it.

Swipe to confirm and it should install the rest of Android.

Now just reboot, load hekate again, select the Android config, and hope it boots.

All instructions are provided by @ZachyCatGames

Source

Use at your own risk.

Last edited by Imancol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you