Swapping SD Cards Question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BlackStarDark, Mar 21, 2016.

1. BlackStarDark
    OP

BlackStarDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Kyoto-
    Hello there, I currently set up my CakesFW on my console with a 10.7 emunand on it. The thing is I used a 4GB SD Card (The one that comes with the console) and I'm afraid I don't have much space around to do anything. And I'm planning to buy a 32GB Class10 SD Card in order to use CFW to install Games and such (And getting OTP once I'm smart enough lol)

So my question is the following. How do I transfer my emuNAND from my 4GB SD Card to the New one I'll be buying? .

My guess is just backing up emunand, and using emunand9 to restore the backup to my new SD card, but I'm unsure if that's the method I should use. Could anyone guide me on this thing?

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    your on the right track you make a backup of your emunand using decrypt9 and make a backup of your 3ds folder on your sd root

Then create emunand on new sd card and inject emunand_backup to new sd card using decrypt9 and drop 3ds folder on new sd

The only difference in what you said and I said is the 3ds folder and the requirement of creating a new emunand on the new sd before Injecting

3. wolven9

wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    I just used a USB image tool to make a 1:1 copy of it then put it on another sd and us EaseUS partition master

4. BlackStarDark
    OP

BlackStarDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Kyoto-
    Oh well it's not that complicate afterall, just gotta setup menuhax again and create a new emunand and restore mine afterwards.
    I had the idea that it'd be far more complicated haha.

BTW by "3ds" folder you mean the homebrew one right ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What shoud I use a partition program for ?

5. wolven9

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    Well your moving a 4 Gig card to a 32 correct? You need to use the partition tool to fill out the sd card. Just drag the current 4 Gig part to the right.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Last edited by wolven9, Mar 21, 2016
  6. BlackStarDark
    OP

BlackStarDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Kyoto-
  7. wolven9

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    Im pretty sure both. I have a N3DS and it worked just fine for me. Took about 30 minutes

8. BlackStarDark
    OP

BlackStarDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Kyoto-
    Well allright then. I'll make a backup of my emunand just in case I have to use emunand9 and gonna try making an image and using a partition program to fill the space on my new card.
    Thanks ^^

9. wolven9

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    No problem =] Follow that guide because that's the one I used. Good luck!

10. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
  11. BlackStarDark
    OP

BlackStarDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Kyoto-
    Thanks for the confirmation tho :D

Just a side note ~ should I get a SD Card or a microSD with an adapter works the same?
    Since I got a Gateway cart (which I'm not using due to installing CFW) that came with a 32GB Class10 micro SDcard+Adapter to regular SD Size (assuming it's the same size od the 3DSXL SD Slot, not 100% sure tho)

And instead of waiting for one to arrive, guess I could use that microSD card right away.

12. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I'd shoot for a microSD + adapter, myself, but truth be told they're going to work the same either way. Regular SD might be a dollar or two cheaper for the same capacity if that really matters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice